GOREDDEVILS

Dontaie Allen Named 2019 Mr. Kentucky Basketball

We are talking about the same kid that Calipari thought might be decent enough to sign, right?

I wish Dontaie well at UK and I hope that he has an extremely successful career at UK.

I added the records of the teams and bolded the ones with winning records, for a little depth.

While being a big fish in a small pond, we still decidedly realize that he is way more than just that.

We are talking about the same kid that Calipari thought might be decent enough to sign, right?

It's ironic that you'd bring up Cal's interest in Allen, yet pretend to ignore that when I made a similar point earlier. :lol2:

While being a big fish in a small pond, we still decidedly realize that he is way more than just that.

You may have decided that. :lol2:

We just disagree on whether or not production in 13 games is greater than 33. Which again, is a no-brainer to me.

You may have decided that. :lol2:

We just disagree on whether or not production in 13 games is greater than 33. Which again, is a no-brainer to me.

If you can't decidedly agree that he is way more than just a big fish in a small pond, then this makes you appear to lack in credibility with your stance.

If you can't decidedly agree that he is way more than just a big fish in a small pond, then this makes you appear to lack in credibility with your stance.

He's a great talent, without question.

Maybe shockingly, I'm not searching for credibility in the Bballfan Department :lol2: Arguing that he was better in 13 games than Tandy was in 35 shows an equal lack of credibility, IMO of course.

He's a great talent, without question.

Maybe shockingly, I'm not searching for credibility in the Bballfan Department :lol2: Arguing that he was better in 13 games than Tandy was in 35 shows an equal lack of credibility, IMO of course.

Well the good news for me at least is that I'm happy that Allen won.

Congratulation to the decidedly best player in the state of Kentucky, as it was indeed decided by those voting, and is indeed well deserved.

Good luck to him at the next level at UK.

This award is for the 2019 Mr. Basketball . He never played a game in 2019.

Kyle Rode 32 games

PPG 23.2

RPG 9.6

FG% 49.9%

3FG% 36.1%

FT% 82.4%

Edited by rsmith6971
corrected # games from 33 to 32

Overblown?

This is the biggest case of being a UK signee to win Mr. Basketball in my 44.5 years of life. It’s never been more real than this year.

Reminds me - just a bit - of the last time a 10th region guy was named Mr. Basketball. And coincidentally, the “other guy” played at UHA. Darius Miller and Scotty Hopson.

Reminds me - just a bit - of the last time a 10th region guy was named Mr. Basketball. And coincidentally, the “other guy” played at UHA. Darius Miller and Scotty Hopson.

But back then the state tournament was a factor. Darius led his team to a title and I don't think it was super controversial. I do believe Scotty would have won it had he signed with UK, but Darius was plenty deserving.