GOREDDEVILS

Dontaie Allen Named 2019 Mr. Kentucky Basketball

But back then the state tournament was a factor. Darius led his team to a title and I don't think it was super controversial. I do believe Scotty would have won it had he signed with UK, but Darius was plenty deserving.

I don’t disagree. It just seemed an odd confluence of events.

Didn't he get injured in that game? Maybe that's why he only scored 10 points.

Yes, that's the game he was injured in. Confident he would of had at least 20-25 points.

If a kid’s senior season doesn’t matter just award it in the preseason.

If only a season matters, give it to a junior (if deserving).

Reminds me - just a bit - of the last time a 10th region guy was named Mr. Basketball. And coincidentally, the “other guy” played at UHA. Darius Miller and Scotty Hopson.

How about that for irony. :lol2:

If only a season matters, give it to a junior (if deserving).

I’d love to see them open up the award from freshmen to seniors and truly make it about the best year had by a player.

Damien Harris was the Mr. Football front runner in 2014 and got hurt in Madison Southern's 7th game. Elijah Sindelar won Mr. Football, and most of the statewide media and state in general was fine with that because Harris was hurt and played in just over half his team's games.

That narrative does not hold true for basketball five years later. Something to remember -- Harris did not commit to Alabama until after the award winner was announced.

Damien Harris was the Mr. Football front runner in 2014 and got hurt in Madison Southern's 7th game. Elijah Sindelar won Mr. Football, and most of the statewide media and state in general was fine with that because Harris was hurt and played in just over half his team's games.

That narrative does not hold true for basketball five years later. Something to remember -- Harris did not commit to Alabama until after the award winner was announced.

Had Harris committed to UK before the voting was completed and I can’t help but feel like he wins in a landslide.