Highlands 57 Covington Catholic 51

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Covington Catholic finished 3-15 from three. That's not a number that will win the Colonels many games when one of their trademarks is how well they can shoot the ball.

This is a much bigger CCH team than in years past with the likes of Thelen, Green, and Fleek, and when Mayer returns it will have a different feel. This is clearly not last year's CCH, but they have the pieces to be a very good team.

Also - just for clarity's sake, it was a 25 game winning streak for Cov Cath that came to an end tonight.

I liked the game of number 2 for CCH.

Big fan of Nate Roberts. Kid does all the dirty work and the others do all the scoring.

Highlands took it to CovCath from the opening tap and CovCath was a little rattled.

Are we sure Mayer is playing hoops? Hearing he leaving early next year to head to ND so why play and risk injury?

Was it jawing related or something else?

Jawing related after a Hard foul. Highlands got to shoot 4 Free throws and had Possession. If I’m not mistake they took even additional points from the Possession as well. Big Mental mistake. I mean seriously, CCH was having their way with their Methodical Basketball they play. Highlands just wouldn’t go away! #bullybirds

Big fan of Nate Roberts. Kid does all the dirty work and the others do all the scoring.

Highlands took it to CovCath from the opening tap and CovCath was a little rattled.

Are we sure Mayer is playing hoops? Hearing he leaving early next year to head to ND so why play and risk injury?

The game I saw, CCH didn't get rattled until the technical that led to a 6 point possession and changed the momentum. They were up 18 before it.

In the end Highlands wanted it more than CCH. And the home court advantage was huge for the Birds. Sissons was amazing!

Personally, I think it was a good loss for CCH. They hopefully learned some things about their personnel. Not sure why they don't start Neil Green over the number 4 kid who got the technical - he doesn't do anything offensively. I am guessing there will be a different starting lineup in their next game.

Highlands utilized Sisson well. And CCH coaches didn't take enough advantage of their size advantage by working the ball inside with Thelen, Fleek and Green - that has to change! Sisson had 2 fouls early and CCH didn't keep going after him.

It was a fun environment and hats off to Highlands!

The game I saw, CCH didn't get rattled until the technical that led to a 6 point possession and changed the momentum. They were up 18 before it.

In the end Highlands wanted it more than CCH. And the home court advantage was huge for the Birds. Sissons was amazing!

Personally, I think it was a good loss for CCH. They hopefully learned some things about their personnel. Not sure why they don't start Neil Green over the number 4 kid who got the technical - he doesn't do anything offensively. I am guessing there will be a different starting lineup in their next game.

Highlands utilized Sisson well. And CCH coaches didn't take enough advantage of their size advantage by working the ball inside with Thelen, Fleek and Green - that has to change! Sisson had 2 fouls early and CCH didn't keep going after him.

It was a fun environment and hats off to Highlands!

No doubt on Greene. He should have gotten more play time last year in my eyes.

Michael Mayer will be playing basketball this season, yes.

Fantastic game. A tale of two halves. Big first half lead for CCH vs. an athletically played 2nd half by the Birds. Great experience for both teams. I wouldn't want to play CCH in a month or so. Go Birds, stay focused on your next opponent, and have fun.

Wow this is Shocking. How in the world does a Loaded CovCath team let a bunch of Common City Boys beat them? Coaching?

Was Joe Federick at the game? Certainly his GPS is still working. Maybe he got caught in traffic over in Cincinnati!

I'm guessing Gronks twin didn't play right? What a tough hangover for the CCH program from Sunday. Two streaks broken. Both by Publics.

Who played well for both teams? How crazy were the Crazies?