Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Central 20 Corbin 19 (Class 3A State Championship)

Featured Replies

I'll go ahead and say it...

 

Man do I hope the remaining championship games this weekend have better officials than the 3A game did.

 

My standing rule has always been the more referees conference with each other the worse game they call. And they conferenced a lot tonight.

  • Replies 79
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it a couple times in the update thread, from my view, that two pt conversation didn’t look good. I would love to see a replay of that play.

Thanks. Been lurking a long time. Love keeping with KHSAA football and basketball from Richmond, VA. Finally became a member this fall.

 

Good to have another Virginian aboard.

I'll go ahead and say it...

 

Man do I hope the remaining championship games this weekend have better officials than the 3A game did.

 

They were awful.

I said it a couple times in the update thread, from my view, that two pt conversation didn’t look good. I would love to see a replay of that play.

 

They showed on local news from behind end zone. 50/50 it seemed. It was on the first extension if it was good.

 

Congrats to the Yellowjackets, my second alma mater in HS! Coach Lovely must be proud tonight.

I just saw another video. There were multiple punches thrown after the game. I'm not sure what punishment can be dished out being that this was the championship game but the fight was much nastier than indicated.

WKYT has video from the sideline...not a good look for either team.

WKYT has video from the sideline...not a good look for either team.

 

Ooof....that's for sure.

The missed field goal at the end of the game was a live ball. ??‍♂️

The missed field goal at the end of the game was a live ball. ‍♂️

 

It's my understanding that the rule is, once the ball kicked passes the line of scrimmage the ball is dead unless touched by the other team.

It's my understanding that the rule is, once the ball kicked passes the line of scrimmage the ball is dead unless touched by the other team.

 

I called a few officiating buddies who advised the rule describes a scrimmage kick as live if it does not clear the goal line. Could be inaccurate or confusion with the college rule as this scenario doesn't arise a bunch, but it's an interesting talking point.

Congratulations Central on your Championship, and Corbin on a great season.

Found this.

 

A blocked field goal recovered behind the line of scrimmage may be advanced by either team. A blocked field goal that crosses the line of scrimmage may be advanced only by the defense. If the ball is muffed or fumbled, however, it's a free ball.

 

Rules are different from high school to college to the NFL. There are a few in here that will know the answer for sure.

A FG is a scrimmage kick. Just like a punt, it is live until it breaks the plane of the goal line. Only the defense can advance a scrimmage kick that is beyond the line of scrimmage.

I'm not trying to start anything with this, but I watched the video of the last play several times. It was taken from the Corbin side, field level.

 

Does a Corbin player come off of the sideline to attempt to tackle the Central player? I don't see any Corbin players really looping back to prevent a return, and the kid come absolutely flying in from off camera. He could have been in on the play and I keep missing it, but that's what it looks like for me.

 

And I'm not placing or passing blame, because that's a wild and emotional ending, to a long and emotional season, after a hard fought game. I get it, stuff happens.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.