Central 20 Corbin 19 (Class 3A State Championship)

theguru

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They were showing handshake line and when several players from both sides started running towards the Corbin sideline they planned over, it was a slow pan and whatever happened was already broken up. Saw mostly Central players maybe one coach directing their guys back across field and several Corbin coaches and players directing their guys back towards midfield of bench area. Was over very quickly

I saw that. Just didn't know what happened to get it to that point. Shame it happened but at least the coaches got it under control quickly.

Will Childers isn’t the back-up kicker. Corbin’s holder was the one who was injured. Chase Estep kicks sometimes too and was the one who attempted the on-side kick.

I thought that's what I had heard. Thanks for clarifying.

Having a cold leg and not having your usual holder on a last second 40-some-odd yard kick to come from behind and win the game is a lot to ask of a high school kicker.

I’m sure the injured holder factored in the decision making process of kicking to tie or go for 2. But then I’m not sure why try a 44 yard FG with a backup holder vs attempting a 27 yard pass and hope for a completion or PI penalty.

Edited by childe
can’t spell

I’m sure the injured holder factored in tje decision making process of kicking to tie or go for 2. But then I’m not sure why try a 44 yard FG with a backup holder vs attempting a 27 yard pass and hope for a completion or PI penalty.

My thoughts

I’m still scratching my head on going for two, then that last play to kick the long FG.

Good game overall. Just some questionable calls from

Corbin in this one.