Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Central 20 Corbin 19 (Class 3A State Championship)

Featured Replies

Congratulations to Central on their title!

 

Corbin was amazing this year - just wish they would have kicked to tie.

  • Replies 79
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Central and to Corbin on a very good season. I said that the score would be similar to the first game that was played and maybe it was more similar than expected.

They were showing handshake line and when several players from both sides started running towards the Corbin sideline they planned over, it was a slow pan and whatever happened was already broken up. Saw mostly Central players maybe one coach directing their guys back across field and several Corbin coaches and players directing their guys back towards midfield of bench area. Was over very quickly

 

I saw that. Just didn't know what happened to get it to that point. Shame it happened but at least the coaches got it under control quickly.

Will Childers isn’t the back-up kicker. Corbin’s holder was the one who was injured. Chase Estep kicks sometimes too and was the one who attempted the on-side kick.

I'll go ahead and say it...

 

Man do I hope the remaining championship games this weekend have better officials than the 3A game did.

I'll go ahead and say it...

 

Man do I hope the remaining championship games this weekend have better officials than the 3A game did.

 

Amen!!!

I'll go ahead and say it...

 

Man do I hope the remaining championship games this weekend have better officials than the 3A game did.

 

I thought the 1A game was a great called game.

  • Author
Will Childers isn’t the back-up kicker. Corbin’s holder was the one who was injured. Chase Estep kicks sometimes too and was the one who attempted the on-side kick.

 

Welcome to BGP @childe

Will Childers isn’t the back-up kicker. Corbin’s holder was the one who was injured. Chase Estep kicks sometimes too and was the one who attempted the on-side kick.

 

I thought that's what I had heard. Thanks for clarifying.

 

Having a cold leg and not having your usual holder on a last second 40-some-odd yard kick to come from behind and win the game is a lot to ask of a high school kicker.

  • Author
I'll go ahead and say it...

 

Man do I hope the remaining championship games this weekend have better officials than the 3A game did.

 

I admit I don't know the rules but that looked pretty rough.

Did they ever announce the attendance on this game?

Thanks. Been lurking a long time. Love keeping with KHSAA football and basketball from Richmond, VA. Finally became a member this fall.

I’m sure the injured holder factored in the decision making process of kicking to tie or go for 2. But then I’m not sure why try a 44 yard FG with a backup holder vs attempting a 27 yard pass and hope for a completion or PI penalty.

Edited by childe
can’t spell

I’m sure the injured holder factored in tje decision making process of kicking to tie or go for 2. But then I’m not sure why try a 44 yard FG with a backup holder vs attempting a 27 yard pass and hope for a completion or PI penalty.

 

 

My thoughts

I’m still scratching my head on going for two, then that last play to kick the long FG.

 

Good game overall. Just some questionable calls from

Corbin in this one.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.