Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Central 20 Corbin 19 (Class 3A State Championship)

Featured Replies

I only saw what they showed in the broadcast. They currently have the video pulled down "preparing replay".

 

The KHSAA has re-posted the video, with the handshake and the encounter on the sideline after the fact removed at the end.

  • Replies 79
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw another video. There were multiple punches thrown after the game. I'm not sure what punishment can be dished out being that this was the championship game but the fight was much nastier than indicated.

 

Terrible black eye on a great season for 3A. Read on WKYT that a Central player was on the Corbin sideline taunting Corbin fans and one Corbin player that refused to shake hands. Punches were thrown between the two players, then that's where the WKYT video picks it up. Hopefully no one was hurt in the chaos.

Edited by Chet Manley

I just saw another video. There were multiple punches thrown after the game. I'm not sure what punishment can be dished out being that this was the championship game but the fight was much nastier than indicated.

 

I just saw the videos and I agree. Just terrible.

I agree. Just watched the video. What a downer for such a great game!

I agree. Just watched the video. What a downer for such a great game!

 

Agree.

It's a shame that because of the actions of some on both sides this game will be remembered more for what happened on the sidelines and not on the field.

 

As for the much talked bout decisions:

There is no doubt Haddix is one of the best young coaches in the State, but this is not the first time Corbin has lost a big game from Haddix "overcoaching".

 

Haddix is very aggressive in his playcalling at times and definitely tends to being more aggressive when conventional wisdom suggests being conservative is the correct decision.

 

Haddix passed on a chip shot Field Goal against Belfry in the Semi's a couple years ago and went with a gimmick play that backfired and it helped eventually allow Belfry to rally for the win.

 

I am all for trusting in your players to win the game so I will not fault Haddix, but it is very clear that if they plan to get over the hump that sometimes the logical choice is the right choice.

Has anyone heard what the attendance for this game was?

 

7476

It's a shame that because of the actions of some on both sides this game will be remembered more for what happened on the sidelines and not on the field.

 

I don't think so. The extra curricular was just a tiny blip on the radar of the game. It's only an issue if someone chooses to dwell on it, IMO.

I agree with Haddix on going for the 2 point conversion. Corbin was able to move the ball down the field on Central, but struggled inside the red zone. Central was not able to sustain drives, but had success when getting to the red zone.

 

I didn't have a problem in not kicking the field goals either. I may have ran Yeager[would have liked for he and Longmire to get more touches in the game as well}on some of those plays, but that's easy to say after the play called didn't work. They had subbed those defensive players in on offense all year on short yardage and it had worked each time before.

 

The field goal at the end was a lot less likely to be successful than Estep throwing it to the end zone a couple of times in my opinion, but they know the kicker's range a lot better than I do.

How big are Corbin’s guards? I was impressed with their play all night. They reminded me of wing-t guards that are on the smaller side but due to Corbin’s size it’s hard to tell how “little” they really are lol.

I would think your odds would have been higher to try to score rather than kick it. A college goal post is 18 feet 6 inches wide. A high school goal post is 23 feet wide. A lot narrower with a ton of pressure!

How big are Corbin’s guards? I was impressed with their play all night. They reminded me of wing-t guards that are on the smaller side but due to Corbin’s size it’s hard to tell how “little” they really are lol.

 

One of their guards weighs 170 and the other 265. The center is also kind of small, weighing in at 195.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.