Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands at Covington Catholic (Playoffs) - Predictions

Featured Replies

moved the ball at will in the first game.'

 

Where you at the same game I was at??

 

Yes. I didn't see either team shutting down the other, did you? Please quote me accurately, I said "pretty much moved the ball at will". Do you dispute that?

  • Replies 247
  • Views 18.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd like to see CovCath win this one, but I've felt that HHS is the team to beat this year in 3A all season. Highlands pulls this one out, and the beat goes on.

How did they lose?

 

Because CCH also moved the ball at will.

If it was that easy for them to score wouldn't that have been reflected in the score?

 

That would be the "glass half full" view, I guess.

I think both offenses moved the ball pretty dang well particularly in the second half after both coaches made the half time adjustments. Given the outcome of the game, neither of the teams or their respective fans should be crowing too much about their team dominating the other, as it did not happen. Pressure will be on both defenses this game to stop the offenses. Should be a good game.

CROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Talking about something to put up in a locker room for motivation.....and in pretty color letters too.

When was the last time CCH beat HHS twice in the same season??? :confused: :confused:

 

 

GO BIRDS!!!

The next time will be 2006!!

I think both offenses moved the ball pretty dang well particularly in the second half after both coaches made the half time adjustments. Given the outcome of the game, neither of the teams or their respective fans should be crowing too much about their team dominating the other, as it did not happen. Pressure will be on both defenses this game to stop the offenses. Should be a good game.

 

I agree with that! Both teams played very well and gave 110% to the end!

Game 1 grades:

Offense: push

Defense: push

Special Teams: Cov Cath

 

The adjustments to be made will win the game. This will be another great game. Cov Cath will have the better special teams because they have a special kicker. Highlands must come off of push on the offense and/or defense in order to win.

I think both offenses moved the ball pretty dang well particularly in the second half after both coaches made the half time adjustments. Given the outcome of the game, neither of the teams or their respective fans should be crowing too much about their team dominating the other, as it did not happen. Pressure will be on both defenses this game to stop the offenses. Should be a good game.

 

Agreed! I expect another shootout this time. That's not so much a knock on the defenses as respect for the offenses. I hope it doesn't come down to special teams because the kicker the Colonels have is a heck of a weapon to have in your pocket.

I have no idea if that is true or not, but it's probably not a bad idea. I'd expect a big crowd and in a playoff atmosphere people (both adults & kids) can get carried away. Better safe than sorry, I guess.

Did you feel safe in Ft.Thomas after beating the Birds two weeks ago? Maybe they got the extra police to keep the Highlands fan's off the field should they win. You know how unrulely the Highlands fans can be. You are right, it is a good idea to have the extra police.

Did you feel safe in Ft.Thomas after beating the Birds two weeks ago? Maybe they got the extra police to keep the Highlands fan's off the field should they win. You know how unrulely the Highlands fans can be. You are right, it is a good idea to have the extra police.

 

Yes I felt safe and secure. Thank You.

Did you feel safe in Ft.Thomas after beating the Birds two weeks ago? Maybe they got the extra police to keep the Highlands fan's off the field should they win. You know how unrulely the Highlands fans can be. You are right, it is a good idea to have the extra police.

 

I was not in Ft. Thomas two weeks ago, but I can assure you that had I been I would have felt safe. I've never not felt safe at any high school sporting event (and that includes when a fight between cheerleaders broke out right next to me a few years ago in a gym).

 

To be honest, I don't see the concern - if CCH did not have enough police there & something did happen then we'd all wonder why they didn't have more. Better safe than sorry, and hopefully with the large crowd they'll help with traffic too. ;)

 

I would have said "capacity crowd", but Mike Guidugli has made it known that Wooten Field knows no limits. :D

 

I would have said "capacity crowd", but Mike Guidugli has made it known that Wooten Field knows no limits. :D

Perhaps we could run with the popular term....

 

An OVERFLOW crowd in Park Hills on Saturday! :thumb:

I was not in Ft. Thomas two weeks ago, but I can assure you that had I been I would have felt safe. I've never not felt safe at any high school sporting event (and that includes when a fight between cheerleaders broke out right next to me a few years ago in a gym).

 

Who won the fight? You or the cheerleaders?;)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.