Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands at Covington Catholic (Playoffs) - Predictions

Featured Replies

  • Author

I noticed on the Kentucky Post's website that all three of the sportswriters who pick the NKY football games weekly picked CCH over HHS this week.

  • Replies 247
  • Views 18.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While the weather is going to be cool, it now looks like the game will be played in dry weather.....of course it could change again:thumb: . Certainly glad we play on Saturday and not Friday.....

 

Friday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then periods of showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 1am. Low around 44. South wind 9 to 14 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

 

Veterans Day: Showers likely, mainly before 9am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 45. Northwest wind between 13 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

 

BTW I hope CovCath remember that Saturday is Veterans Day and honors our Veterans someway at the game....

 

The football gods were angered by that infamous last play. They are doing their part to create a tough environment to pass the ball. Might throw in some swirling winds just because.:D

 

Birds 27 - 20. That kicker will probably pop a couple. Dale, let Drew kick!

  • Author

Whether it's HHS or CCH that wins, the winning team better make sure that they stay focused for the next game... it will undoubtedly be an emotional roller coaster ride for the winner (and the loser) of the CCH-HHS game.

Whether it's HHS or CCH that wins, the winning team better make sure that they stay focused for the next game... it will undoubtedly be an emotional roller coaster ride for the winner (and the loser) of the CCH-HHS game.

 

Let them play this one first! Go Birds!!!

How much offensive and defensively did each team show in the first game. It seem like the birds only ran about 5 or 6 different plays in the first game. Do you think that Dale was holding out for this game since this is the game that really matters?

Dale was not holding out. The birds only run 5 or 6 different plays every game. I believe you will see some different things though. I think a majority of the changes will be defensively. I am rooting for the 'birds, but I am very concerned about being able to cover Bovard and Sutton. I don't think HHS has anyone that can shut them down like they did last year.

Also, I think field position will win this game. If HHS has to drive 80 every drive they will have problems. They must keep CCH from crossing the 50. Once CCH crosses the 50 they can attempt a field goal and if they miss, the ball goes to the 20. I am rooting for the Birds!!!

Highlands rolls over Cov Cath. 34-21

Highlands rolls over Cov Cath. 34-21

 

Wow! That's a strong opinion. Don't know how you can justify a 2 td turnaround. I can't see a 2 td difference either way, particularly HHS.

Good luck to CovCath.

 

 

Thanks, Scooterbob. :thumb:

Dale was not holding out. The birds only run 5 or 6 different plays every game. I believe you will see some different things though. I think a majority of the changes will be defensively. I am rooting for the 'birds, but I am very concerned about being able to cover Bovard and Sutton. I don't think HHS has anyone that can shut them down like they did last year.

Also, I think field position will win this game. If HHS has to drive 80 every drive they will have problems. They must keep CCH from crossing the 50. Once CCH crosses the 50 they can attempt a field goal and if they miss, the ball goes to the 20. I am rooting for the Birds!!!

 

Can someone give a rules explanation on this? Does the ball have to make it to the endzone for it to come out to the 20? If the ball is short of the endzone where is it spotted(line of scrimmage of last play)? Can the FG be returned if short(Not likely with Popham kicking but he might prove he is human)? I assume the rule is same as if the team attempting the FG had punted and that is why it comes out to the 20, if it makes the endzone?

Whether it's HHS or CCH that wins, the winning team better make sure that they stay focused for the next game... it will undoubtedly be an emotional roller coaster ride for the winner (and the loser) of the CCH-HHS game.

 

 

The first team to lose focus on this game and look to the next one won't be in the next game so I would worry one game at a time. Go Colonels!

  • Author
The first team to lose focus on this game and look to the next one won't be in the next game so I would worry one game at a time. Go Colonels!

Please allow me to clarify... of course both teams need to stay focused on the game tomorrow, but the winner of that game will be riding quite an emotional high, and it could be easy to lose focus this week and not properly prepare for next week's opponent.

 

Of course neither HHS nor CCH should be preparing for LexCath/FC NOW!!!!!!!

Can someone give a rules explanation on this? Does the ball have to make it to the endzone for it to come out to the 20? If the ball is short of the endzone where is it spotted(line of scrimmage of last play)? Can the FG be returned if short(Not likely with Popham kicking but he might prove he is human)? I assume the rule is same as if the team attempting the FG had punted and that is why it comes out to the 20, if it makes the endzone?

 

Look at it like a punt. If it goes into the endzone, its an automatic touchback and the ball goes to the 20. If it falls short of the endzone, it can either be returned or the kicking team can down the ball and that's where the offense takes over.

Look at it like a punt. If it goes into the endzone, its an automatic touchback and the ball goes to the 20. If it falls short of the endzone, it can either be returned or the kicking team can down the ball and that's where the offense takes over.

Really? So if CC attempts a 68 yd FG and HHS has no one back and the kick "dies" on the 5 yard line. HHS starts its offense from there??? It just doesn't seem right to me. I would think if CC "downs" the kick that it would come out to the 20. But I've been wrong before!! Does anyone know for sure?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.