Trial in College Basketball Corruption Case Has Begun

UKMustangFan

Yes because Louisville hasn’t been the most profitable basketball program in the country for several years now... Louisville has just as much money as these programs do.

I agree, but the footprint of the Louisville fan base doesn't reach as far as those others.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, but the footprint of the Louisville fan base doesn't reach as far as those others.

That’s fair. I just think it was a little bit off base to say that money was the reason they went so hard after Louisville but won’t go after Kansas or other schools.

That’s fair. I just think it was a little bit off base to say that money was the reason they went so hard after Louisville but won’t go after Kansas or other schools.

You're right. In terms of the actual programs, Louisville has made more than all of them over the past 10 years or so. But if we're talking about money in terms of the fan bases, I don't think Louisville even comes close to the others.

Yes because Louisville hasn’t been the most profitable basketball program in the country for several years now... Louisville has just as much money as these programs do.

Louisville drive ratings in the tourney?

I'm a Louisville fan, but Pitino cast himself as the bad guy, willingly or not, and so is the school as a whole, cough Petrino cough Papa John cough...........

And Kansas hasn’t?

What do you mean?

The media isn’t goin g after any of the 4 I mentioned, they went hard after Louisville.

Media is garbage and I’m willing to bet those 4 are the dirtiest teams in the game.

What do you mean?

The media isn’t goin g after any of the 4 I mentioned, they went hard after Louisville.

Media is garbage and I’m willing to bet those 4 are the dirtiest teams in the game.

You still aren’t telling me why they won’t go after Kansas. I 100% believe if this was Duke or UK this would be front page news everywhere.

You still aren’t telling me why they won’t go after Kansas. I 100% believe if this was Duke or UK this would be front page news everywhere.

Hasn't it been said for years that Self really caters to the national media guys? Everything from buying them meals and drinks to giving them special access to him and his team when requested. Self is thought to be "Friends" with most of the national media guys that cover college basketball. That is why some say this hasn't been covered more so far. I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN's Outside the Lines or whatever their investigative program is now does a story on them.

Hasn't it been said for years that Self really caters to the national media guys? Everything from buying them meals and drinks to giving them special access to him and his team when requested. Self is thought to be "Friends" with most of the national media guys that cover college basketball. That is why some say this hasn't been covered more so far. I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN's Outside the Lines or whatever their investigative program is now does a story on them.

This is what I was trying to get him to say. It’s not about money, it’s not about notoriety of the program, it’s about Self and the KU basketball program and their relationship with the media.

I don't think they will, they will try to ride this out. May suspend him a few days if the NCAA actually comes a knocking. Until the NCAA comes at them they will deny and deflect, Self is safe for now.

I truly think he’s the only coach in the country that could survive this.