Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Trinity bite off more than they could chew this year?

Featured Replies

Or will the Shamrocks put it on cruise control for the next seven weeks, get their act together, and win another title?

IMO Trinity only has one game left that is a potential loss - St. X. I think they win the rest and I will be surprised if St. X beats them.

They will be fine. Might have a little more competition in 6A with Male playing well but Trinity is still Trinity. When it's all said and done they will more than likely be still standing when it matters.

Getting healthy is the key.

Twist it anyway you but winless is winless. So yes they bit off a tremendous amount more than they could chew. With a much weaker schedule left, they will make a big turn around.

It’s not biting off more than they can chew. It’s having a national schedule. They could stay in state and be no worse than 4-1. The past two years and many others they ran through similar schedules.

 

They are not going to be world beaters every year and most of these games are two year contracts.

 

When the JV was struggling last year, I saw this coming. The freshman were very good but they are still a year away.

 

I hope we stick with the sophomore QB and let him learn now. Will pay off dividends.

 

Trinity will get healthy and be better. Greatness again is coming for many years.

Yes they did. But at the end of the day it’s just going to make them better. Maybe not right now, but in December and even next year. I would imagine they’re asking young, inexperienced players to step in and fill some rolls that may be a bit too big for them right now, but they’ll be fine.

The only negative I see now is whether or not confidence becomes a factor.

Trinity has yet to play a potential playoff opponent besides Male, and I’d argue every team they’ve played aside from Naperville would cruise through a Kentucky 6A schedule to the title with running clocks every now and then. A great strength of schedule will benefit the Rocks immensely come November. If the Rocks can stay healthy, I don’t see them missing Kroger Field aside from a potential loss to Male before then.

I think the Trinity team that played the first half against Warren Central could’ve handled this schedule much better and at least won a game or two. However after they lost a few senior starters to injury their youth showed and they’ve struggled. I’m glad Trinity goes out and plays the best teams they can find. They just need to heal up now.

It is totally respectable to play a tough schedule and take lumps if you have to. Playing to build winless seasons against sub-par competition doesn’t win championships.

I don’t think so. It’s not like years past when CovCath scheduled way above their level and got steam rolled.

 

Trinity has played teams that are good competition for them it seems.

How do the playoff matchups work. Who would Trinity likely have to beat to make it to state? I'll admit, last nights game kinda shocked me, so any Trinity loss from here on out will just be unexpected I suppose.

Too many bowl games this year. Injuries haven’t helped. But it’s Trinity, you play a challenging schedule and continue to develop the pipeline. 9/10 times it seems to work.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.