Notre Dame 3 Simon Kenton 2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a fun game to attend. The first PK was warranted, and should’ve resulted in a red card. A SK defender deliberately used her arm to deflect a shot on goal. Officials just called it a hand ball in the box. The second PK was not warranted as the foul occurred outside the box. Their other goal occurred on a miscommunication between the defender and keeper. The defender moved in for a header when the keeper could’ve got it, and the ball ended up bouncing to a NDA player who put it in the goal.

SK had a PK attempt in the first half that went wide right. The SK keeper scored on a free kick around midfield as the ball went right through the NDA’s keeper’s hands. Their other goal was the result of a ball bouncing around in the box that NDA couldn’t clear.

It was a fun game to attend. The first PK was warranted, and should’ve resulted in a red card. A SK defender deliberately used her arm to deflect a shot on goal. Officials just called it a hand ball in the box. The second PK was not warranted as the foul occurred outside the box. Their other goal occurred on a miscommunication between the defender and keeper. The defender moved in for a header when the keeper could’ve got it, and the ball ended up bouncing to a NDA player who put it in the goal.

SK had a PK attempt in the first half that went wide right. The SK keeper scored on a free kick around midfield as the ball went right through the NDA’s keeper’s hands. Their other goal was the result of a ball bouncing around in the box that NDA couldn’t clear.

Did the officials give her a yellow card at least?

I was told by several folks it was a well-played, physical, and intense game. Both teams left it all out there. SK has a real shot to win state this year. They will dominate region 10, and then you don't know how easy or difficult their draw will be. They have the talent and goalie to make a run. The 9th region is very competitive this year, which has been for a few years! Congrats and good luck to both teams.

I was told by several folks it was a well-played, physical, and intense game. Both teams left it all out there. SK has a real shot to win state this year. They will dominate region 10, and then you don't know how easy or difficult their draw will be. They have the talent and goalie to make a run. The 9th region is very competitive this year, which has been for a few years! Congrats and good luck to both teams.

Dominating region 10 doesn't really matter since they are in the 8th region unless they got moved to a new region. So after 3 games and a loss you already have them dominating regions and a good shot at the state title? It's August 21st long ways from that state title. Lots of games to be played.

Did the officials give her a yellow card at least?

There is now warning for that type of play - it's either deemed as an intentional play and direct to red, or it is deemed to be accidental/incidental and no card is given.

Based on the lack of card, the ref must have viewed it as not intentionally stopping the ball and awarded the PK.

After viewing the video, one could certainly argue that it warranted a red, but definitely should not have been a yellow.

There is now warning for that type of play - it's either deemed as an intentional play and direct to red, or it is deemed to be accidental/incidental and no card is given.

Based on the lack of card, the ref must have viewed it as not intentionally stopping the ball and awarded the PK.

After viewing the video, one could certainly argue that it warranted a red, but definitely should not have been a yellow.

That’s not really true either. If the ref thought it wasn’t deliberate then it shouldn’t have been a PK either. That’s part of the requirement for handling. If you call this it should be red.

That said who knows why they didn’t give it.

Yes, it's like futures bet to win the NFL or college national title. You can look at the roster and the path to get there and make an hypothesis on the projection. I don't think it is that difficult to see what they have going on there. I know enough about all the high level club talent, their coach, their goalie, their past few performances in region / state, and their path to make an educated prediction. It is not a slight to any other team in their region. They are legit and have what it takes to make a run. Of course, pending injuries.

I will take back my "poor officiating " comment and go with a terrible rule. If it was seen as unintentional then you play on with no PK awarded. We all know this will upset the natives so the PK seemed to be awarded to save face to both sides. I will be honest I'm only going with what I read on here since I not a twitter person so I have not seen the video.