Trinity 38 Shelby County 7

LSURock

In the last 3 years, (at levels of play Frosh, JV, and Varsity,) Trinity has won 3 of the last 10 games vs. X...30 %...and 2 of those were questionable...

1. the 10 minute game and 2. the JV vs. Varsity game...

I'll take X's 70%...maybe not dominating......but it is far superior than 30%!

Now back to the topic.....Why was T's starting QB throwing TD passes with 5 minutes left in the game...and they were up 4 scores..(3tds & a FG)

Yeah, we'll have to struggle through with winning state four out of the past six seasons (compared to one for X with two of Trinity's titles coming via defeats of the Tigers). "JV vs. Varsity", I love it. You fellas keep striving for that higher moral purpose and we'll stick to beating y'all at football. :thumb:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure. I'm sure he was "just noting" that. Seems a little redundant since it was noted immediately above his post, ten hours earlier.

It's a common theme among X posters, including you:

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=105525

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=105117

Remember the 21=13 equation?

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I just haven't seen too many St. X academic shorts/shirts with Tradition Unequaled. I thought it was u2extreme.com??? Guess I need to pay more attention.

I accept your apology for the misunderstanding. You probably do not attend a lot of St. X academic functions, and that is understandable, Don't forget, though, that I also pointed out that Tradition Unequaled also included winning over three times the total athletic state championships of any other school and being recognized by Sports Illustrated as the 14th best sports school in the USA. (No other Kentucky school was in the top 100). Perhaps you prefer not to comment on that component of Tradition Unequaled.

By the way, you have also yet to comment on the first team quarterback throwing a touchdown to the first team receiver with 5:41 in the game, up 31-7. It is fair game to discuss this "sportsmanship". And, really, you need not discuss equations. Remember "the St. X has two or three or even four times more National Merit winners than any other Catholic school in Kentucky" equation?

I accept your apology for the misunderstanding. You probably do not attend a lot of St. X academic functions, and that is understandable, Don't forget, though, that I also pointed out that Tradition Unequaled also included winning over three times the total athletic state championships of any other school and being recognized by Sports Illustrated as the 14th best sports school in the USA. (No other Kentucky school was in the top 100). Perhaps you prefer not to comment on that component of Tradition Unequaled.

By the way, you have also yet to comment on the first team quarterback throwing a touchdown to the first team receiver with 5:41 in the game, up 31-7. It is fair game to discuss this "sportsmanship". And, really, you need not discuss equations. Remember "the St. X has two or three or even four times more National Merit winners than any other Catholic school in Kentucky" equation?

Maybe you should discuss (or brag) about your badminton, croquet and bowling etc. championships on the correct forum. This is a football forum. Likewise you may want to discuss your merit scholars over on the test score forum. Once again, this is a football forum.

I'll address your "sportsmanship" issue. We all found out last week that sitting your starters in the second half (see Male hold on to win against X) may cost you. Its getting to be playoff time. We may need kids to go 100% for and entire game (maybe OT) in the next few weeks. Now is the time to prepare for that. Also, Friday night was the first "mud" game the Rocks have had to deal with this season. It took the boys a little while to adjust (hence SC leading 7-0 well into the first quarter). The Rocks may have to face that type of thing in the future, Friday night was an excellent training excercise for that purpose. I didn't witness any complaints from anyone from SC following the game, only St.X johnny-come-lately complaints from the same old sources on this forum. Maybe you can invent some more "good friends with kids at Trinity" stories complete with some made up participation stats.

I'll tell you what Tradition is really Unequaled... how about 16 titles to 11.... or how about 6-3 during this decade.... need I go on?

I am happy to discuss St. X's non-football athletic accomplishments in another forum. But in the "Football" forum, I'm just going to discuss football. Feel free to start as many threads as you want to about St. X's golf, swimming, soccer, track and field, cross country, etc. success in their respective forums. I'm sure your fellow alumni would be indebted to you for starting those threads.

Since we are in the foootball forum, who did Sports Illustrated list as the top football program in the state of Kentucky?

By the way, you have also yet to comment on the first team quarterback throwing a touchdown to the first team receiver with 5:41 in the game, up 31-7. It is fair game to discuss this "sportsmanship".

It's definitely fair game to discuss. It's also fair game to have responses.

And, really, you need not discuss equations. Remember "the St. X has two or three or even four times more National Merit winners than any other Catholic school in Kentucky" equation?

Not sure what the question is, but congratulations on St. X's academic success. It is a fantastic school with very knowledgeable alumni. Best of luck in your continued academic dominance.:thumb:

I am happy to discuss St. X's non-football athletic accomplishments in another forum. But in the "Football" forum, I'm just going to discuss football. Feel free to start as many threads as you want to about St. X's golf, swimming, soccer, track and field, cross country, etc. success in their respective forums. I'm sure your fellow alumni would be indebted to you for starting those threads.

Since we are in the foootball forum, who did Sports Illustrated list as the top football program in the state of Kentucky?

It's definitely fair game to discuss. It's also fair game to have responses.

Not sure what the question is, but congratulations on St. X's academic success. It is a fantastic school with very knowledgeable alumni. Best of luck in your continued academic dominance.:thumb:

Thanks for the kind post about X. And really, the only reason we were on the tangent about non-football issues was the explanation I provided you about your "Tradition Unequaled" comment.:thumb:

Say what????? From what planet did you pull this farce from?:confused:

Didn't he suffer a concussion ? I heard he also had a broken bone in his foot after about the second series of the game. The kid is tough for sure, what is he doing now?

Well it was just a matter of time before the gloves came off I suppose. "Let he who is without win cast the first stone". Book of Shamrock, Chapter 2, Verse 6. Here is a thought... let's all worry about what it will take for our team to get the hardware and not worry about the other guy. Before I go I have thought about the 30% - 70% question. I'll take the 30% and the bling.

Well it was just a matter of time before the gloves came off I suppose. "Let he who is without win cast the first stone". Book of Shamrock, Chapter 2, Verse 6. Here is a thought... let's all worry about what it will take for our team to get the hardware and not worry about the other guy. Before I go I have thought about the 30% - 70% question. I'll take the 30% and the bling.

Amen brother.

In the last 3 years, (at levels of play Frosh, JV, and Varsity,) Trinity has won 3 of the last 10 games vs. X...30 %...and 2 of those were questionable...

1. the 10 minute game and 2. the JV vs. Varsity game...

I'll take X's 70%...maybe not dominating......but it is far superior than 30%!

Now back to the topic.....Why was T's starting QB throwing TD passes with 5 minutes left in the game...and they were up 4 scores..(3tds & a FG)

Momentum, Nick had been off all game, due to weather, and they wanted to keep his confindence up...that, and who can argue with a guy who has 4 titles in 6 years.

Wasnt it Joe Paterno himself who said to Lou Holtz when Penn St scored late to run the score up. "You prepare your team to play, I'll prepare mine."

I'll take Beatty over Glaser every single time.

Momentum, Nick had been off all game, due to weather, and they wanted to keep his confindence up...that, and who can argue with a guy who has 4 titles in 6 years.

Wasnt it Joe Paterno himself who said to Lou Holtz when Penn St scored late to run the score up. "You prepare your team to play, I'll prepare mine."

I'll take Beatty over Glaser every single time.

Well at the very least 6 out of 9 times.:lol:

I am going to jump in and defend the call to throw the ball. If you look at the box score, it was 24-7 19 seconds before that and Trinity had 2 scores in 18 seconds. It was only the 6th pass of the night on a dreary night. I don't know how T got the ball back so quick but I imagine the first team went on the field and went for the knockout punch first play. IMO I am impressed that T's defense had really stepped up with the turnovers. Really how many BGPers thought that T would run the ball, control the clock, and have a opportunistic defense to rely on in 2006? Tip of the hat to the coaches on both sides of the ball.

As to badminton and croquet banter, that's as relevant as talking about something that happened 38 years ago and think it applies in the Shelby County-Trinity thread about last night. Everyone put the fangs away, it's playoff time!! May Jefferson County crown another champion in 5 weeks.

I am going to jump in and defend the call to throw the ball. If you look at the box score, it was 24-7 19 seconds before that and Trinity had 2 scores in 18 seconds. It was only the 6th pass of the night on a dreary night. I don't know how T got the ball back so quick but I imagine the first team went on the field and went for the knockout punch first play. IMO I am impressed that T's defense had really stepped up with the turnovers. Really how many BGPers thought that T would run the ball, control the clock, and have a opportunistic defense to rely on in 2006? Tip of the hat to the coaches on both sides of the ball.

As to badminton and croquet banter, that's as relevant as talking about something that happened 38 years ago and think it applies in the Shelby County-Trinity thread about last night. Everyone put the fangs away, it's playoff time!! May Jefferson County crown another champion in 5 weeks.

Probably the best post in this thread thus far.

Maybe you should discuss (or brag) about your badminton, croquet and bowling etc. championships on the correct forum. This is a football forum. Likewise you may want to discuss your merit scholars over on the test score forum. Once again, this is a football forum.

I'll address your "sportsmanship" issue. We all found out last week that sitting your starters in the second half (see Male hold on to win against X) may cost you. Its getting to be playoff time. We may need kids to go 100% for and entire game (maybe OT) in the next few weeks. Now is the time to prepare for that. Also, Friday night was the first "mud" game the Rocks have had to deal with this season. It took the boys a little while to adjust (hence SC leading 7-0 well into the first quarter). The Rocks may have to face that type of thing in the future, Friday night was an excellent training excercise for that purpose. I didn't witness any complaints from anyone from SC following the

game, only St.X johnny-come-lately complaints from the same old sources on this forum. Maybe you can invent some more "good friends with kids at Trinity" stories complete with some made up participation stats.

I'll tell you what Tradition is really Unequaled... how about 16 titles to 11.... or how about 6-3 during this decade.... need I go on?

Take a deep breath and reread the posts. A Trinity poster originally broached the "Tradition Unequaled" motto, and he misunderstood it. I simply clarified the term for him. It seems that the explanation touched a nerve with you. If you do not care to be reminded about St. X's winning over three times the total athletic state championships of any other school and being recognized by Sports Illustrated as the 14th best sports school in the USA (No other Kentucky school was in the top 100) or St. X having two or three or even four times more National Merit winners than any other Catholic school in Kentucky do not first bring up the topic of "Tradition Unequaled" on the thread.

Now, as to "Tradition is really Unequaled... how about 16 titles" comment, another misunderstanding. Many feel that single accomplishment has been equaled or even exceeded in Kentucky by Fort Thomas Highlands, a school that has also won 16 titles but against mainly schools with the same or greater male enrollment.:D

Thanks for the explanation regarding the Trinity first team quarterback throwing a touchdown to the first team receiver with 5:41 in the game, up 31-7.

jimmyref is right. Everyone put the fangs away, it's playoff time!! May Jefferson County crown another champion in 5 weeks.