Trinity 38 Shelby County 7

LSURock

Take a deep breath and reread the posts. A Trinity poster originally broached the "Tradition Unequaled" motto, and he misunderstood it. I simply clarified the term for him. It seems that the explanation touched a nerve with you. If you do not care to be reminded about St. X's winning over three times the total athletic state championships of any other school and being recognized by Sports Illustrated as the 14th best sports school in the USA (No other Kentucky school was in the top 100) or St. X having two or three or even four times more National Merit winners than any other Catholic school in Kentucky do not first bring up the topic of "Tradition Unequaled" on the thread.

Now, as to "Tradition is really Unequaled... how about 16 titles" comment, another misunderstanding. Many feel that single accomplishment has been equaled or even exceeded in Kentucky by Fort Thomas Highlands, a school that has also won 16 titles but against mainly schools with the same or greater male enrollment.:D

Thanks for the explanation regarding the Trinity first team quarterback throwing a touchdown to the first team receiver with 5:41 in the game, up 31-7.

jimmyref is right. Everyone put the fangs away, it's playoff time!! May Jefferson County crown another champion in 5 weeks.

What you don't understand is that I understand your slogan, I just don't care. Its also a little disingenuous to seek to separate it from the football team since that slogan appears on almost every piece of football apparel I've seen including the new one with the full body photo of Coach Glaser. Lets talk about football. The facts are what they are. The Rocks are the winningest program in 4A. You guys at St.X think you have a better way, good for you. By all means continue to do it your way. I think the whole T/X football disscussion should revolve around scores, stats and results. You seem to need to discuss "style points". Carry on.

And BTW, the discussion between T and HHS as to which team is the king of the Kentucky high school football mountain... well its an A and B discussion and you Xmen can C yourselves out of it.:lol: :thumb: :D

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd be really surprised who I heard this from.:cool:

A tidbit of advice: If you want credibility....double check what you "hear" from that source before repeating it. Since this thread is about T vs. SC, I'll PM you with factual information.

A tidbit of advice: If you want credibility....double check what you "hear" from that source before repeating it. Since this thread is about T vs. SC, I'll PM you with factual information.

I'm familiar with the source. Its credible.

Take a deep breath and reread the posts. A Trinity poster originally broached the "Tradition Unequalled" motto, and he misunderstood it.

This is wrong...I work with MANY St. Xavier alum...they wear St. Xavier Football shirts that say Tradition Unequaled stuff all the time. Are we to summise that these are bantor for the academic teams, as well as the swimming, cross country, and soccer as well? I highly doubt it. And while we are on the academic things, sure you guys have more merit scholars than us, but I like our open door policy to all learning challenges out there. But unequalled? Look at Manual. Face it, X is awesome, and dominant. They are very well rounded but their Tradition is certainly equalled, and even surpassed in categories that you hold so dear.