Highlands 2 Moeller (OH) 2 (Scrimmage)

Moeller, in fairness, created the most chances. However, Highlands took advantage of a high Moeller back line when Schweitzer found Stevie to put him through about 7 minutes into the first half. Moeller maintained the pressure through the middle to the flanks over and over again and it paid off when they were awarded a free kick on the corner of the 18. The ensuing free kick resulted in a headed goal to level it up. It was more of the same for the second part of the 1st as Highlands and Moeller mixed up their line-ups.

The 2nd half was, again, more of the same. Highlands high pressure caused a few errant Moeller passes and they became more dangerous. However, Moeller settled down and again took over possession. Their main objective was to get the ball to the flanks in one-v-ones where they had a lot of talent on the left side, or use their RB to overlap on the other. He was very good w/ the ball. Highlands made a mistake by trying to dribble out of defense and were dispossessed on a crunching tackle that led to a nice shot from #18, I believe.

Highlands and Moeller freely subbed again, and it was fairly even until about 5 minutes to go when Highlands seemed to turn it up a little to get a draw. W/ about 10 seconds to go, Elijah Stevie played a through ball to the outside line of the 18 that Max Farris and Moeller's RB went for. Farris beat him, but in the ensuing wrestling match was taken down in the 18 to be awarded a penalty w/ 5 sec. to go. Carter Holmes stepped up and drilled it into the goalie's left corner for the tie.

My take away is that Highlands is going to be deep this year. There was very little drop off when subs came in. They also have a good combo of size and speed in all 3 guys in the top line. As one of Moeller's coaches told me, "They have 3 very tall and athletic kids up top. They are going to cause teams a LOT of problems, A LOT." Once these guys gel, and get a couple guys back from injury, they will be right there w/ Ryle and CovCath to not only compete in the 9th, but against anyone in the state...in my humble opinion.

Was very nice to see the Stevie boys perform well. This HHS front line is really fast and well skilled. They apply a lot of pressure on the back line. Only thing I see is that they need to win more balls out of the air when played from the back. They are taller than any back line they may play with the exception of Ryle in NKY. The midfield looks to be coming together nicely. I thought that would be the toughest to replace from last season. Hard to lose Gish, Shuley, and Ford from those spots. Alex Ford looked good in there but they may still need him on the back line. Was very impressed with Ford Orem at outside back. Left with a cramp late was performing really well. Cannot wait to watch this team come together.