Kiyaunta Goodwin

HC is definitely a surprise. I have to wonder how much he will improve in the next 4 years. HC is a small school and most kids play both ways. Who will he be going up against in practice, the freshmen team? I just don’t see the development at HC, football wise, being better or equal to what he could get at another school.

What has me scratching my head is how much “baggage” can a 14 year old boy have?

What has me scratching my head is how much “baggage” can a 14 year old boy have?

If it's anything like football in metro Atlanta it can be tons. Sometimes you have to keep the parents happy with what you're doing to improve their son and sometimes you have their handlers who aren't happy that they aren't being brought in on every little detail. Plus lots more.

If it's anything like football in metro Atlanta it can be tons. Sometimes you have to keep the parents happy with what you're doing to improve their son and sometimes you have their handlers who aren't happy that they aren't being brought in on every little detail. Plus lots more.

I know that there is a lot of behind the scene activities going on in basketball but I guess I was just kidding myself thinking the same thing wasn’t going on in football. Advising kids in this type of situation is part of parenting. Why parents turn over the development and future of their children to “handlers” is something I will never understand.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
He is now showing on Ballard’s roster on Hudl. Big pick up for Ballard. I wonder if he will be eligible immediately or have to sit out?

From what I have seen in other situations, he should be eligible. He just says the private school route did not work for him or that he can't afford it and he is good to go. Going from private to public seems like an easy transfer with the KHSAA.

From what I have seen in other situations, he should be eligible. He just says the private school route did not work for him or that he can't afford it and he is good to go. Going from private to public seems like an easy transfer with the KHSAA.

I agree. It’d be different if he popped up at Trinity, which I really thought would happen. But going from private to public, and a school his middle school fed into, shouldn’t be an issue.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Goodwin received an offer today from the Huskers. He's currently a 6'7" 300lb junior playing tackle at Charlestown High School just across the river from Louisville. The Charlestown Pirates are currently 2-6 this season.

Current Offers:
Alabama
Arizona State
Arkansas
Auburn
Cincinnati
Colorado
Duke
Florida
Florida State
Georgia
Indiana