Kiyaunta Goodwin

Have the JCPS magnet selections been determined yet? I'm curious to know whether or not he did or could have gotten into any of the high schools in JCPS with stronger football programs rather than going straight for a private school.

I had heard he got into Shawnee for one of the programs they have at the school... oops sorry The Academy at Shawnee...but don't think he wanted to go there because of football.

So you are saying that the Athletes that workout at Aspirations gym are not urged to go to certain schools?

No I am not saying that. I responded "nonsense" to what I see as nonsense. Do you really believe no other schools in the Louisville area wanted him and /or would take him? Great young man with a bright future.

No I am not saying that. I responded "nonsense" to what I see as nonsense. Do you really believe no other schools in the Louisville area wanted him and /or would take him? Great young man with a bright future.

I am not saying the kid isn't a great young man. I personally have never met him and really have a hard time criticizing a middle school kid. I just hope he is able to get with the Holy Cross program and work with his coaches and his teammates and continue his development.

Plenty of schools wanted him until they realized the baggage that came along with him. As well as entrance exams to many of the private schools were an issue - that is all I will say on that.

Holy Cross may be a good fit for this young man. There are a lot of benefits to a small school.

He certainly investigated all of his options. He is not a player that needs the exposure of a big 6A school in order to get attention from college coaches. I wish Kiyaunta and Holy Cross the best!