March 14, 20188 yr UL played the game that NKU needed them to play for the Norse to get the win. Only problem, NKU didn't play well enough. Tyler Sharpe couldn't hit anything. Oh well, still a good season and decent showing tonight. Norse are gonna miss Holland, but their freshman PG for next years was named Mr. KY Bball.
March 14, 20188 yr Feel bad for my NKU kid and her fellow faithful Norse friends .... ugh. Also hope Holland is ok, that was a lot bandages. Anyway, yay Cards! Awesome to see them regroup and come alive the second half. I liked the 4 quarters and 5 foul NBA thing. It made it kinda fun/different. Middle Tennessee will be a battle- yikes they looked good just watching end of their game.
March 14, 20188 yr 22-17 thought UK would win this game? Great effort by the Norse. Love what they have going on down there. Hopefully they help get the school on the map and want the local to attend because it it cool and not just because they ‘have’ to go there.
March 14, 20188 yr I vote "meh" on the NIT rule changes.:meh: I love the 4 quarters and resetting team fouls at the beginning of each quarter. I knew it was going to be an improvement from watching women's basketball, but I really liked it watching this game. IMHO, it improves the flow of the game. No more free throw shooting contests with 10 minutes left to go. It changes the strategy of how a coach uses fouls, too.
March 14, 20188 yr The four quarters needs to happen ASAP. It could grow on me. I looked at the clock in the first quarter and double taked so hard when I saw 9:13.
March 14, 20188 yr I only saw bits of the first half but UL looked like they were inspired in half #2. NKU didn't take care of the ball some unforced but UL's length gave them issues. Hate to see their season end but it was another step in the right direction.
March 14, 20188 yr If these Cards need something to play for, play for your fans. What a great crowd. The players should go watch the Hamton/ND game. The "jack" was practically empty.
March 14, 20188 yr If these Cards need something to play for, play for your fans. What a great crowd. The players should go watch the Hamton/ND game. The "jack" was practically empty. To be fair, if they hadn't had the top curtained off, it wouldn't have looked like a great crowd. Smart move on UofL's part to limit seating to the lower bowl. It made for a great environment.
March 14, 20188 yr To be fair, if they hadn't had the top curtained off, it wouldn't have looked like a great crowd. Smart move on UofL's part to limit seating to the lower bowl. It made for a great environment. Replacing the sweater vests with people that normally can’t get access to lower-bowl seats didn’t hurt either. Like the great crowd at the women’s games, they didn’t get the seats from a corporate package, they were there because they actively sought out being there.
March 14, 20188 yr The four quarters needs to happen ASAP. If it does I would love for them to also implement the option of advancing the ball after a timeout.
March 14, 20188 yr I liked the 4 quarters and 5 foul NBA thing. It made it kinda fun/different. So much better, that change needs to happen now.
March 14, 20188 yr I don't understand all the love for the four quarters. It really made zero difference to me. Why do people like four quarters?
March 14, 20188 yr I don't understand all the love for the four quarters. It really made zero difference to me. Why do people like four quarters? It speeds the game up quite a bit. Plus, quarters is the way every other level of basketball is played, why wouldn't college do it too?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.