Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville 66 Northern Kentucky 58

Featured Replies

Tyler Sharpe 2 for his last 26 from 3.

 

He shot so well throughout the year too.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand all the love for the four quarters. It really made zero difference to me. Why do people like four quarters?

 

I think it made a different with free throws and bonus more than anything else.

It speeds the game up quite a bit.

 

Plus, quarters is the way every other level of basketball is played, why wouldn't college do it too?

 

Fewer timeouts? Is that how it speeded the game up?

Fewer timeouts? Is that how it speeded the game up?

 

Fewer timeouts, less FTs, etc.

It’s the package deal of 4 quarters + resetting the fouls that I liked a lot. Like others, I’m not a fan of how late half free throws disrupts the flow of the game.

It’s the package deal of 4 quarters + resetting the fouls that I liked a lot. Like others, I’m not a fan of how late half free throws disrupts the flow of the game.

 

I was a big fan of all the changes watching the game last night.

 

Would also like to see them adopt the NBA's 6 foul rule and actually do jump balls on tie-ups.

and actually do jump balls on tie-ups.

 

Now you are sounded like Dickie V from when he was calling the SEC tournament.

I was a big fan of all the changes watching the game last night.

 

Would also like to see them adopt the NBA's 6 foul rule and actually do jump balls on tie-ups.

 

I don't know how I feel about six fouls, but all of the rules last night plus having real jump balls would all be positives for the college game IMO.

Now you are sounded like Dickie V from when he was calling the SEC tournament.

 

I need to immediately reevaluate my position on this...:lol2:

He shot so well throughout the year too.

 

I don't know how he played throughout the year, but it certainly seemed like he was trying super hard to get his against Louisville last night.

I don't know how he played throughout the year, but it certainly seemed like he was trying super hard to get his against Louisville last night.

 

He really came on strong and was one of NKU's more reliable players and probably their best shooter. He probably was pressing to hard last night.

I love the 4 quarters and resetting team fouls at the beginning of each quarter. I knew it was going to be an improvement from watching women's basketball, but I really liked it watching this game. IMHO, it improves the flow of the game. No more free throw shooting contests with 10 minutes left to go. It changes the strategy of how a coach uses fouls, too.

 

Maybe I'm just not used to the rules, but I noticed that the game still went over 2 hours in clock duration. There seemed to be more commercials during the mid-quarter timeouts. I thought the 3 point shooting was terrible and think the extra distance messed with the players' minds. 4 quarters is fine because that is what we have in high school. I don't mind the free throws with the traditional rules because they are part of the game just like steals, assists and rebounding. I like seeing teams that are good at making them at crunch time (especially "one and one"). I'd rather see these experiments done in preseason exhibitions rather than in tournaments. JMO

Once again NKU played tough against a KY power. That program is really giving the locals something to talk about with as far as they have come in a short time.

Once again NKU played tough against a KY power. That program is really giving the locals something to talk about with as far as they have come in a short time.

 

Which always takes me back to the BGP armchair critics who not very long ago seized on every chance to jump on those making decisions at NKU. :lol:

 

Anyone OK with that switch to John Brannen from Dave Bezold now?

The thing I like the most about 4 quarters is that it gives 2 more opportunities for buzzer beaters.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.