March 14, 20188 yr Which always takes me back to the BGP armchair critics who not very long ago seized on every chance to jump on those making decisions at NKU. :lol: Anyone OK with that switch to John Brannen from Dave Bezold now? I have no idea how anyone could argue against it. I always liked Dave Bezold and he was very good for NKU. But if they would have given him another year or two, NKU would have been very behind in their development of a Division 1 program.
March 14, 20188 yr It's tough enough for a mid-major to win against the bigger programs but when you move the 3-point line back 2 more feet it makes it almost impossible. NKU like other big games this year just didn't shoot well. Even in the first half being up 7 they were only 10-32 from the field.
March 14, 20188 yr It's tough enough for a mid-major to win against the bigger programs but when you move the 3-point line back 2 more feet it makes it almost impossible. NKU like other big games this year just didn't shoot well. Even in the first half being up 7 they were only 10-32 from the field. I've been told, moving the 3 point line back does not drastically change shooting %'s. It is moved back to open the the interior play.
March 14, 20188 yr The wider lane allowed for longer camp outs in the lane. I was surprised there was not at least one 3 sec. call. There was one instance that Mahmo was in the extended lane for 9 sec. other than that I think I liked the rest of the changes.
March 14, 20188 yr Hopefully some enterprising coaches will take advantage of the strategic opportunity of the 2-for-1 during this tourney. If enough stubborn old coaches get beat in this fashion, maybe they'll finally start improving their clock management skills.
March 14, 20188 yr Hopefully some enterprising coaches will take advantage of the strategic opportunity of the 2-for-1 during this tourney. If enough stubborn old coaches get beat in this fashion, maybe they'll finally start improving their clock management skills. I say the same thing all the time. I don't understand why coaches don't come down and try to score as quickly as possible when its under 60 seconds. That way the other team has to give it back to you. - well if you don't let them get an offensive rebound.
March 14, 20188 yr Will Card fans get excited about any of these NIT games and show up? Define "showing up" - they had just under 10,000 last night.
March 14, 20188 yr Will Card fans get excited about any of these NIT games and show up? Crowd was actually rowdy and into it last night. The wine-and-cheesers that normally populate the lower arena didn’t come. Instead it was full of people who went out of their way to buy tickets and show up. If it’s like that the rest of the way, it could be a really fun atmosphere.
March 14, 20188 yr Define "showing up" - they had just under 10,000 last night. Which was more than any other NIT site.
March 14, 20188 yr Which was more than any other NIT site. I thought it was good attendance and fans were into it. That is why I asked VOR the question. When UK hosted the NIT - they did it at Memorial because they couldn't draw 23,000 to an NIT game either.
March 14, 20188 yr Which was more than any other NIT site. It sounded like Notre Dame was playing in a museum.
March 14, 20188 yr I thought it was good attendance and fans were into it. That is why I asked VOR the question. When UK hosted the NIT - they did it at Memorial because they couldn't draw 23,000 to an NIT game either. Nobody can. UofL didn't open the top half of the arena and packed everyone in downstairs which made for a great atmosphere. As long as they are playing NIT games at home, it will be like that.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.