Cincinnati 62 Wichita State 61

UK#1fanisback

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They quickly became projected to be a 3 seed as soon as they lost to Witchita State. If the conference wasn't looked at as being bad, then they would have easily still been projected as a 2 seed still and chance as a 1. But they weren't anymore as soon as they lost that Witchita State game. Shoot if their conference wasn't looked at as being weak. Then they probably would have been even talked about more nationally when they were on that long winning steak. Every other team is this country had been losing lots of games yet UC was still rarely talked about nationally. They were that sneaky good team that kept moving up in rankings that no one talked much about. Because their conference isn't looked at as being that great, hence why they weren't talked about much nationally even while on a long winning streak.

I am not talking about my opinion. I am talking about what the conference is perceived to be nationallu. So you can post all you want about it not being weak. However at the end of the day that conference is still looked at as a weak conference like it or not. UC is a very good team, however they are a very good team that nationally gets little noticed even during this great season as it's because they are not getting respected because the conference perception is that it's a weak conference.

So your opinion is that you aren't capable of coming to your own conclusions because you are a slave to whatever the national media feeds you.

3 top 20 teams. 8 teams in the top 100. It is a conference that improved a bunch this year, and didn't anchor the top teams as it did a year ago when a 27-4 UC team couldn't even sniff a protected seed. Same deal with SMU last year. Why is UC considered a 2 right now and Wichita State still likely protected seed on the 3 or 4 line? Because the conference was considerably better. That's the perception you claim isn't there now, right?

Don't be a sheep...

So your opinion is that you aren't capable of coming to your own conclusions because you are a slave to whatever the national media feeds you.

3 top 20 teams. 8 teams in the top 100. It is a conference that improved a bunch this year, and didn't anchor the top teams as it did a year ago when a 27-4 UC team couldn't even sniff a protected seed. Same deal with SMU last year. Why is UC considered a 2 right now and Wichita State still likely protected seed on the 3 or 4 line? Because the conference was considerably better. That's the perception you claim isn't there now, right?

Don't be a sheep...

Man maybe I was wrong all fan bases are sensitive to everything and not just UK fans. Its just there are more UK fans so you hear about the sensitivity to everything more. In reference to the other major conferences the conference UC is in is not great. With a record of 27 and 4, UC would have been in serious talks for a 1 seed right now if it's conference was thought of as better, and that it was dominating a good conference. Especially in a year where so many top teams have lost a lot of games this year. Yet UC has never truly been in serious conversation for a 1 seed even with all these other top teams losing. Its because it's not thought of as that good of a conference. Just like the sec before this year has been looked at as a weak bball conference for awhile.

Shoot you kind of sound like sec fans when someone says the sec isn't the best in football. I wasn't even taking a shot at UC. I believe UC truly is a top 10 team in the country. They are a top defense with a good offense most days. However like it or not the conference isn't looked at as being that good. Hence why UC needs to make the conference finals to just lock up a 2 seed. When with that record in a better conference they would be talked about as a possible 1 seed.

Which was my whole point. Until I found out their conference final didnt end until right before the selection show. I didn't think just getting to the finals would lock up a 2 seed, and it's because of the perception of the conference. That was my whole point before you all got all sensitive on it. Once i found out it ended right before the selection show. I even agreed they will have the 2 seed locked up by making the finals.

Take a look at post 4. What started all this is just silly. There was no shot at UC or even a real shot at the conference . Yet you UC people got all sensitive about that. I expect that from my fellow UK fans, surprised to see that from you.

Again, last year this conference was terrible. I agree.

This year, the numbers and wins simply don't back up your claim that this is a bad conference.

We will agree to disagree. UC will be a 2 seed come selection Sunday as long as they are still playing that day.

FWIW, if their conference was as bad as you say, they would have never been in the discussion for a 1 seed prior to the Houston and Wichita St losses and wouldn't still be projected a 2 seed as regular season champs of this league.

You may want to go back and look at what you been arguing. Never did I say it was a bad conference. In fact my exact words was it wasn't a great conference, which it is not. I also said it's not perceived as a good conference either. Which it's not perceived as a good one. And also the ratings has it 7th, which wouldn't be considered that good.

Right now it looks like it gets 3 teams in. The sec in basketball hasn't been that good until recently. Yet sec usually maybe sent 3 or 4 teams to the tourny during most of the years. Yet was the sec considered a good bball conference? Not at all. Yet you all are trying to make a claim like the conference uc is in is good. Has it improved? Yes. Is it that great of a conference, no. Yet somehow you all have gotten all sensitive on that comment.

Which I already agreed with you that they will be a 2 seed as long as they make the finals, since it ends right before the selection show.

Man maybe I was wrong all fan bases are sensitive to everything and not just UK fans. Its just there are more UK fans so you hear about the sensitivity to everything more. In reference to the other major conferences the conference UC is in is not great. With a record of 27 and 4, UC would have been in serious talks for a 1 seed right now if it's conference was thought of as better, and that it was dominating a good conference. Especially in a year where so many top teams have lost a lot of games this year. Yet UC has never truly been in serious conversation for a 1 seed even with all these other top teams losing. Its because it's not thought of as that good of a conference. Just like the sec before this year has been looked at as a weak bball conference for awhile.

Shoot you kind of sound like sec fans when someone says the sec isn't the best in football. I wasn't even taking a shot at UC. I believe UC truly is a top 10 team in the country. They are a top defense with a good offense most days. However like it or not the conference isn't looked at as being that good. Hence why UC needs to make the conference finals to just lock up a 2 seed. When with that record in a better conference they would be talked about as a possible 1 seed.

Which was my whole point. Until I found out their conference final didnt end until right before the selection show. I didn't think just getting to the finals would lock up a 2 seed, and it's because of the perception of the conference. That was my whole point before you all got all sensitive on it. Once i found out it ended right before the selection show. I even agreed they will have the 2 seed locked up by making the finals.

Take a look at post 4. What started all this is just silly. There was no shot at UC or even a real shot at the conference . Yet you UC people got all sensitive about that. I expect that from my fellow UK fans, surprised to see that from you.

I sound like someone calling you out for a very lazy take. Nothing more, nothing less. You wasted 20 minutes and 500 words analyzing something that didn't happen. How's that feel???

I sound like someone calling you out for a very lazy take. Nothing more, nothing less. You wasted 20 minutes and 500 words analyzing something that didn't happen. How's that feel???

I feel fine. I have some time on my hands. What was lazy about my take? My original take was I didn't think just making the finals locks up a 2 seed for them, because I said the conference wasn't great. Which is isn't. Its rated 7th. So I asked what time the finals was, because say it was on a Saturday or early Sunday. I did think a lost in the finals could drop them to a 3. However since it ends right before the show. I agreed making the finals locks it up for them. But hey my bad i didn't realize you UC fans are like my fellow UK fans and get very sensitive over comments such as the conference wasn't great. Its like my fellow UK fans crying on Mo Egger about Micks comments a week ago. Getting over sensitive on something that wasn't even really a shot at anything.

I feel fine. I have some time on my hands. What was lazy about my take? My original take was I didn't think just making the finals locks up a 2 seed for them, because I said the conference wasn't great. Which is isn't. Its rated 7th. So I asked what time the finals was, because say it was on a Saturday or early Sunday. I did think a lost in the finals could drop them to a 3. However since it ends right before the show. I agreed making the finals locks it up for them. But hey my bad i didn't realize you UC fans are like my fellow UK fans and get very sensitive over comments such as the conference wasn't great. Its like my fellow UK fans crying on Mo Egger about Micks comments a week ago. Getting over sensitive on something that wasn't even really a shot at anything.

Except I wasn't sensitive at all. I called you out for having a lazy take based around "the national media says" and pointed out why the conference didn't hurt them this year with facts. The team sheet would be trash like it was last year if the conference was terrible, which happened only one season ago as I pointed out for reference.

So I wasn't sensitive about anything. I called your national narrative take lazy and showed you why in 400 fewer words to make a stronger point.

UC played in a good but not great conference with three really strong teams. They went 27-4 and are sitting in good position for a 2 seed and at worst a 3 based on that team sheet. They couldn't get to that point if the conference didn't support it. Much like last year, again if you are struggling to keep up.

Didn't "cry" about anything or make wild statements that simply aren't true. Stated facts and called you out for making lazy points to begin with. I win. Night...

Except I wasn't sensitive at all. I called you out for having a lazy take based around "the national media says" and pointed out why the conference didn't hurt them this year with facts. The team sheet would be trash like it was last year if the conference was terrible, which happened only one season ago as I pointed out for reference.

So I wasn't sensitive about anything. I called your national narrative take lazy and showed you why in 400 fewer words to make a stronger point.

UC played in a good but not great conference with three really strong teams. They went 27-4 and are sitting in good position for a 2 seed and at worst a 3 based on that team sheet. They couldn't get to that point if the conference didn't support it. Much like last year, again if you are struggling to keep up.

Didn't "cry" about anything or make wild statements that simply aren't true. Stated facts and called you out for making lazy points to begin with. I win. Night...

You win? Interesting. So do you think if UC was 27 and 4 in the Sec, Big East, Acc, Big 10, Big 12. That UC still would only be looking at a 2 seed at best? Imo they would be in a strong conversation for a 1 seed and probably get it. There is nothing lazy in me thinking that their conference is the reason why a team as good as them at best can only hope for a 2 seed even if it won its conference and possibly even conference title or fall to a 3 if they falter. Especially in a year where so many top teams has lost. If the conference was perceived as better. UC wouldn't just be at best looking at a 2 seed as a conference regular season and possible tournament champ. Uc is where they are because they are just that good and a legit top 10 team. Not because their conference is looked at as good.

Yet UC could end up 30 and 4 and as a conference champ and tourny champ. Yet the best they probably get is a 2 seed? But ok sure you all are right the conference they are in has nothing to do with them not getting that 1 seed in that case.

Edited by futurecoach

You win? Interesting. So do you think if UC was 27 and 4 in the Sec, Big East, Acc, Big 10, Big 12. That UC still would only be looking at a 2 seed at best? Imo they would be in a strong conversation for a 1 seed and probably get it. There is nothing lazy in me thinking that their conference is the reason why a team as good as them at best can only hope for a 2 seed even if it won its conference and possibly even conference title or fall to a 3 if they falter. Especially in a year where so many top teams has lost. If the conference was perceived as better. UC wouldn't just be at best looking at a 2 seed as a conference regular season and possible tournament champ. Uc is where they are because they are just that good and a legit top 10 team. Not because their conference is good. Is it better than last year, no doubt. Is it looked at as a good conference not really. Looked at as average at best and that is my opinion.

Yet UC could end up 30 and 4 and as a conference champ and tourny champ. Yet the best they probably get is a 2 seed? But ok sure you all are right the conference they are in has nothing to do with them not getting that 1 seed in that case.

Has anyone said the AAC is any better than the 7th best league? No. Awesome. Great point... :lol2:

What day is their conference championship on? Imo they still have to win their conference tournament to lock up a 2 seed. Especially say if they lose to Witichita state in the finals. I think they would fall to a 3, because of not being in a great conference, and going 1 and 2 against the other good team in its conference. Also with basically only having one win against one of the good teams they played this year. They will need to win their torunament to lock up a 2 seed.

Has anyone said the AAC is any better than the 7th best league? No. Awesome. Great point... :lol2:

UC is likely a 2 seed. Maybe a 3 seed. Not a 1 seed. Their conference is good but not great which has them in line for that 2 or 3 seed and not a 6 seed like last year. However, if they were in a better conference with that record, they would be in line for a possible 1 seed....

You're both saying the exact same thing.

So what is the point of this. Once again go to post 4. What in that post was false or as you say lazy? The fact that I said they could fall to a 3 even if they made the championship and lost? Which was before I found out when the title game was, which is why I asked? Was it lazy to say the conference is not great? Was it lazy to say it's not perceived as being that good? If it was perceived as good. A team as good as UC wouldn't be at best be hoping for a 2 seed even as a conference champ and possible tourny champ.

So what exactly is the point of this? It's not like I said the conference was bad. It definitely is getting better. Doesn't mean it's looked at as a good conference yet. So once again it does get back to you all jumping the gun and being sensitive to someone saying the conference is not that great. Which 7th isn't. So what's the point of this? This is very much like my fellow UK fans who over react and jump the gun on comments by others that really aren't bad at all.

UC is likely a 2 seed. Maybe a 3 seed. Not a 1 seed. Their conference is good but not great which has them in line for that 2 or 3 seed and not a 6 seed like last year. However, if they were in a better conference with that record, they would be in line for a possible 1 seed....

You're both saying the exact same thing.

Agreed. I'm not exactly sure why were arguing. I didn't even say anything bad. Its as I said it's just people being overly sensitive. Basically being like my fellow UK fans lol.

Agreed. I'm not exactly sure why were arguing. I didn't even say anything bad. Its as I said it's just people being overly sensitive. Basically being like my fellow UK fans lol.

UC was very much in that conversation for a 1 seed. If the only loss that week was to Wichita State as you proclaimed, they would still be there. Instead they lost both at Houston and at home with Wichita and dropped only 1 seed line in the process. Teams in bad conferences don't lose two in a row, drop one seed line and then quickly recover to be back where they were at to begin with 2 weeks later. That's the flaw and error in your stated logic. Class dismissed. Have a good one...

UC was very much in that conversation for a 1 seed. If the only loss that week was to Wichita State as you proclaimed, they would still be there. Instead they lost both at Houston and at home with Wichita and dropped only 1 seed line in the process. Teams in bad conferences don't lose two in a row, drop one seed line and then quickly recover to be back where they were at to begin with 2 weeks later. That's the flaw and error in your stated logic. Class dismissed. Have a good one...

In a year where literally all top 10 teams keep losing that does happen. Makes it a lot easier to get where you were because of it. Plus it's not like those two losses came against in any of the bad teams. It came against the two good teams. So makes it even easier to get back to where you were. Especially when other top 10 teams keep losing.

So looks like the bell to end the class is malfunctioning.