Lavone Holland - NKU Guard

Oldbird

Holland gets to the rim better than any guard I have seen outside of Brady Jackson in the early 80's. Holland could make better decisions at times but he is an awesome offensive player.

If they had a three point line when he played, Jackson would be far and away the leading scorer in NKU history. Even without the 3 pointer, he is a close second in all time scoring.

If they had a three point line when he played, Jackson would be far and away the leading scorer in NKU history. Even without the 3 pointer, he is a close second in all time scoring.

Who is #1? First thought was Kelsey but its probably someone off the National Runner-Up team? Was it Listermann?

Craig Sanders (1998-2002) – NKU's all-time leading scorer with 2,007 career points, Sanders was a tremendous outside shooter with incredible range. He finished his career as the Norse's all-time leader with 356 3-point field goals, including 114 treys during the 2000-01 season. Sanders averaged 16.5 points per game during his career and capped his four-year stint at NKU by pouring in 20.3 points per contest as a senior. He was also named honorable mention All-American by Division II Bulletin in 2002 and is the only player in NKU history to reach the 2,000-point plateau. Sanders helped NKU earn berths in the NCAA Division II Tournament in 2000 and '01.

Craig Sanders (1998-2002) – NKU's all-time leading scorer with 2,007 career points, Sanders was a tremendous outside shooter with incredible range. He finished his career as the Norse's all-time leader with 356 3-point field goals, including 114 treys during the 2000-01 season. Sanders averaged 16.5 points per game during his career and capped his four-year stint at NKU by pouring in 20.3 points per contest as a senior. He was also named honorable mention All-American by Division II Bulletin in 2002 and is the only player in NKU history to reach the 2,000-point plateau. Sanders helped NKU earn berths in the NCAA Division II Tournament in 2000 and '01.

Just a tad before my time. Thanks for the info.

I didn't realize that Craig Conley was in the Top 10 of all-time scoring and #1 in steals. Played a decent amount of ball with him in the rec center. Dude could hit everything.

Will be interesting to see if that record stands after next season. McDonald is sitting at 1,365 right now, with anywhere from ~3-6 games left this season.

Will be interesting to see if that record stands after next season. McDonald is sitting at 1,365 right now, with anywhere from ~3-6 games left this season.

I've already ate my helping of crow regarding McDonald, but he accomplishes that, he should setup shop at the Newport Kroger and dish it out to everyone in gallons.

I've already ate my helping of crow regarding McDonald, but he accomplishes that, he should setup show at the Newport Kroger and dish it out to everyone in gallons.

I think it's likely. Let's conservatively say they have 5 games left this season and he nets his season average of 17.1. That puts his total to 1,451 at season's end. That leaves him 556 shy of the record. He's on pace to have netted more than that in both his soph & junior seasons.

Wonder if he’s had any regrets about leaving?

I wondered the same earlier in season and when I looked it appeared like Ball State was having a good season and is one of several contenders to win their conference tourney (same situation he would have been in with us).