Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Hall of Fame Coaches Should Be Scared"

Featured Replies

The NCAA makes nearly every dollar they have on the Men's Basketball Tournament TV contract, so if you think they are going to risk CBS / Turner wanting a partial refund on that bad boy for the NKU vs Vermont Elite 8 game, you're delirious. That tournament and its TV contract pays for the D-III Water Polo tournament, and believe me, that thing would sink if left to fund itself. :bunny:

 

I see what you did there.

  • Replies 92
  • Views 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read nothing of substance in this article. Lots of conjecture and unnamed sources supposedly briefed in.

 

My guess. Nothing happens. Great click bait, though.

I read nothing of substance in this article. Lots of conjecture and unnamed sources supposedly briefed in.

 

My guess. Nothing happens. Great click bait, though.

Agree 100%. Never trust a journalist that relys heavily on unnamed sources. I tend to believe none if what I hear, and about half of what I see.

We got ours, I’m ready for everyone else to get theirs.

 

 

Super interesting point was made on the radio... like 50 plus programs could be involved in this mess. It definitely throws a wrench into the equation of UofL’s coaching search. If that number is true, who isn’t dirty?

So...what are the last ten years of NCAA championships going to look like in the Final 4 program? Are they really going to have lots of vacated and asterisks?

So...what are the last ten years of NCAA championships going to look like in the Final 4 program? Are they really going to have lots of vacated and asterisks?

You know, I’m wondering if this is going to finally be the catylist to cause the power 5 schools to give a big middle finger to the NCAA and form their own league.

 

If enough big boys are going to get titles taken, I could legitimately see it.

You know, I’m wondering if this is going to finally be the catylist to cause the power 5 schools to give a big middle finger to the NCAA and form their own league.

 

If enough big boys are going to get titles taken, I could legitimately see it.

 

I sure hope so. These kids need to be paid for what they are worth. For the VAST majority, this is the most valuable that they will ever be in their lives. I'm not saying pay them a professional salary. What I am saying is let them have the licensing rights to their image for 4 years. In truth, outside of Freshman phenoms, that only gives the kids 2 years to sell autographs, pictures, and appearances that they can't do now.

The best thing for high level program that gets nailed is to hope that all the big time programs are named.

 

Misery loves company, lol.

I did not read the article but am a little confused here. Are we talking NCAA problems or FBI problems? I agree that the NCAA is not going to kill the golden goose but the FBI should not care...although the FBI has plenty of its own problems lately...

You know, I’m wondering if this is going to finally be the catylist to cause the power 5 schools to give a big middle finger to the NCAA and form their own league.

 

If enough big boys are going to get titles taken, I could legitimately see it.

 

This is EXACTLY what needs to happen. Clean slate. Fresh start.

Agree 100%. Never trust a journalist that relys heavily on unnamed sources. I tend to believe none if what I hear, and about half of what I see.

 

Sorry, disagree strongly. God bless journalists and unnamed sources. The get the truth out to us.

Now reading that any school that has had a 1st round pick over the last three years needs to worry. Andy Miller evidently was paying a ton more kids than he actually signed according to the article I read. Looks like he was paying as many as he could in hopes of signing them upon turning pro. I'm sure in some cases he was told where to steer money and players and in some cases he was just trying to get an "In" with kids before other agents got to them. Evidently he wouldn't so much pay players directly as he would pay someone with influence over them and have them guide the player to him.

 

This is a mess and I'm glad it's all coming out...regardless of which schools get drug down with it.

Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan State, Xavier, Wichita State, Utah, Seton Hall, NC State, Maryland, Texas, USC, Alabama, Villanova etc all in the report.

 

Players such as Wendall Carter, Bam Adebayo, Nerlens Noel, Josh Jackson, Miles Bridges, Fred Van Vleet, Isaiah Whitehead, Kyle Kouzma, Markelle Fultz, Dennis Smith Jr., Colin Sexton, Edmond Sumner, Kyle Lowry, etc. named...

 

One thing to keep in mind, the report claims payments to family members of quite a few of these individuals and not the players themselves.

Xavier's Chris Mack is the only coach to have responded....

“I have no relationship with Andy Miller or any of his associates. He plays no role in the recruitment of potential student athletes on Xavier’s behalf. Beyond that, our staff has never created a path for him to foster a relationship with any of our student-athletes while enrolled at Xavier. Any suggestion that I or anyone on my staff utilized Andy Miller to provide even the slightest of financial benefits to a Xavier student-athlete is grossly misinformed. We are prepared to cooperate with any and all investigations at any level.”

Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan State, Xavier, Wichita State, Utah, Seton Hall, NC State, Maryland, Texas, USC, Alabama, etc all in the report.

 

Players such as Wendall Carter, Bam Adebayo, Nerlens Noel, Josh Jackson, Miles Bridges, Fred Van Vleet, Isaiah Whitehead, Kyle Kouzma, Markelle Fultz, Dennis Smith Jr., Colin Sexton, Edmond Sumner, etc. named...

 

One thing to keep in mind, the report claims payments to family members of quite a few of these individuals and not the players themselves.

 

There are also different amounts amongst the players. For example some just had dinner paid for by the agent(still illegal) and others received large sums of money in the form of a loan. Going to be interesting to see how it all shakes out. Plus looking at the names on this first list.....it’s easy to see that there are some much bigger names that I am certain also received dinner and loans.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.