Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Has the one and done killed major college basketball?

Featured Replies

I think Cal needs to get more of the bonafide one and done talents to operate his system.

 

Well technically this type of team should make some of my fellow UK fans happy. They said they wanted players who stay. Well there is only a couple who could leave early currently. Should have a good core return next year.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would much prefer the players stay 4 years, a lot of fun following them and watching them progress. I realize that will never again happen. The one and done doesn't bother me, I just wish things were different.

One and Done's by school from 2006-2017

 

One-and-Dones-by-school.png

Cal has killed UK basketball!

 

Please read post #4 and get back with me.

  • Author
45 schools have had 1 and Done players since it started in 2006...who are you more a fan of now?

 

It has made me even a bigger fan of the mid majors conference in whole.

Not per say anyone team.

Is it the one and done or is it AAU ball and all that goes with it that is killing major college ball? IMO if there was no AAU/travel ball (I'm talking big time travel ball) the Mosess Malones, Kevin Garnets, and (I am sue there are) a couple of others would be rare. But you have AAU coaches telling these kids how they are ready for the league when they know they are not.

My post was about college basketball, not just one team.

 

 

I thought there was only one team:lol2:

Changed? Yes. Ruined? No.

 

These are my thoughts. The game has changed but I wouldn’t say it has ruined college basketball.

Well technically this type of team should make some of my fellow UK fans happy. They said they wanted players who stay. Well there is only a couple who could leave early currently. Should have a good core return next year.

 

Isn’t that something, you have a lower skilled group compared to some of the mega stars who’ve been in and out of Lex and people are mad they need time.

 

I think people want a Darius or Derek paired with a Davis, Towns, Wall or Fox.

One and Done's by school from 2006-2017

 

One-and-Dones-by-school.png

 

Exactly. Hasn’t hurt most or any schools. Rebuild. UK hasn’t suffered from it. Look at how far they’ve gone since Cal started. Compare it to almost every other school. Not much comparison.

It has hurt fans more. I know as a middle of road fan of UK I have lost some interest in them. I’m getting into NKU more and more but I know they aren’t going anywhere. So be it. I’ll root for UK in March and NKU now. Said in previous thread that if UK isn’t recruiting 5 star recruits, their fans would be unhappy as well. Those recruits aren’t stickin around for my Ol Kentucky Home

Really, how many did Tubby send to that have been stars? Rondo...anyone else?

 

I liked Tubby and hated to see him go, but year in and year out Cal's teams are better and have done better. Tubby made ONE final four, in his first season. Tubby lost to lower ranked teams in the tourney more often than not.

 

With Rick Patino's players.

With Rick Pitino's players.

 

Almost to a player they all say they wouldn't have made it back with the way Rick coached them that season, they all give Smith the credit for how he tweeked how they played.

It has hurt fans more. I know as a middle of road fan of UK I have lost some interest in them. I’m getting into NKU more and more but I know they aren’t going anywhere. So be it. I’ll root for UK in March and NKU now. Said in previous thread that if UK isn’t recruiting 5 star recruits, their fans would be unhappy as well. Those recruits aren’t stickin around for my Ol Kentucky Home

 

I see nothing wrong with cheering for both. I certainly am.

Almost to a player they all say they wouldn't have made it back with the way Rick coached them that season, they all give Smith the credit for how he tweeked how they played.

 

I’ve said that for years. Tubby took role players from the other teams and turned them into National Champions

It has made me even a bigger fan of the mid majors conference in whole.

Not per say anyone team.

Do you honestly believe any of those teams would turn down one and done players if they had an actual chance to get them? Just stop it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.