Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Has the one and done killed major college basketball?

Featured Replies

Cal has killed UK basketball!

Yeah ok... UK was borderline irrelevant for a decade until Cal came back.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cal has killed UK basketball!

 

I bet you harken back to the good ole Billy Gillispie days of 13 or 14 losses and first-round losses in the NIT or NCAA, don't you?

I bet you harken back to the good ole Billy Gillispie days of 13 or 14 losses and first-round losses in the NIT or NCAA, don't you?

 

At least Tubby developed the kids before they went to the NBA.

At least Tubby developed the kids before they went to the NBA.

 

Really, how many did Tubby send to that have been stars? Rondo...anyone else?

 

I liked Tubby and hated to see him go, but year in and year out Cal's teams are better and have done better. Tubby made ONE final four, in his first season. Tubby lost to lower ranked teams in the tourney more often than not.

  • Author
I'm not, I think it's fine...I don't like the new model being proposed.

 

FWIW those hating on it now have always hated on it...I don't think you'd call NCF a UK fan either that is suddenly upset by it. He's just trying to turn the screws on UK fans :lol2:

 

My post was about college basketball, not just one team.

Thoughts?:ylsuper:

 

How about you?

My post was about college basketball, not just one team.

 

How has the one and done impacted 95% of the schools that haven't had one and never will? One and done impacts a very small select group of schools. Not sure how UK, UNC, KU or Duke having a one and done impacts Ohio State, Indiana State or Wichita State or any of the other schools that don't have them. No coach is forced to recruit them, in fact, it seems to be harder in many respects on schools that recruit them...at some point, it catches up to you and you end up with a team of virtually all freshmen like Kentucky has this year. Even though UK is so young it doesn't impact any other school negatively.

Really, how many did Tubby send to that have been stars? Rondo...anyone else?

 

I liked Tubby and hated to see him go, but year in and year out Cal's teams are better and have done better. Tubby made ONE final four, in his first season. Tubby lost to lower ranked teams in the tourney more often than not.

Rondo didn’t even develop until he got to the league. Chuck Hayes is the most notable NBA player from the Tubby era that wasn’t a Pitino product.

  • Author
How about you?

 

I think it has hurt it, watered it down if you will. I think it has made me a bigger fan of those teams that stay away from it.

Rondo didn’t even develop until he got to the league. Chuck Hayes is the most notable NBA player from the Tubby era that wasn’t a Pitino product.

I’d say Tayshaun deserves a vote.

I’d say Tayshaun deserves a vote.

Touché. Tayshaun is definitely at the top of the list. For some reason he always gets lost in the shuffle for me.

I think it has hurt it, watered it down if you will. I think it has made me a bigger fan of those teams that stay away from it.

Teams don’t stay away from it... Most teams just don’t land superstar talents. The biggest load of bologna coaches spew is that they would not take the best player(s) because said players may opt to leave for greener pastures.

I think it has hurt it, watered it down if you will. I think it has made me a bigger fan of those teams that stay away from it.

 

45 schools have had 1 and Done players since it started in 2006...who are you more a fan of now?

I think it has hurt it, watered it down if you will. I think it has made me a bigger fan of those teams that stay away from it.

As for the product being “watered down,” that has nothing to do with a handful of kids leaving early, that comes because the sport is over-coached and the skill level is sub-standard. The NBA is not the best TV product, but in person it moves twice as fast as a college game.

Teams don’t stay away from it... Most teams just don’t land superstar talents. The biggest load of bologna coaches spew is that they would not take the best player(s) because said players may opt to leave for greener pastures.

 

Exactly...there isn't a coach in the country that would turn down a top 10 kid under most circumstances.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.