Dan Wagner "FIRED" by Newport Central Catholic

theguru

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have kids fighting with teammates on the bus from games and you have no repercussions from that I think that is a problem. Agreed discipline starts at home but no way you can let kids do things like that and continue to play no matter who the athlete is IMO.

Perhaps fighting on the bus is a different topic, BUT when Gary Schulte was the head boys basketball coach there (way back when) he believed that if they didn't have at least one fight at practice each week, it wasn't a healthy environment.

List per max preps

Dan Wagner Head Coach/ DCDave Schneider Co-OC / Offensive LineRob Howard Wide ReceiversKeith Culp QuarterbacksMike Theisen Defensive BacksJustin Fussinger Co-OC / RB / DLGreg Turner Statistician

Tream photo has atleast 10 guys as coaches. Probably closer to 15 in sidelines on Fridays.

There were a couple other fellows that also helped out with the team whose names came up in conversation last night.

Would Borchers want to lead his old school? Probably a pay cut.....

How about a call to Dale! Not going to happen but could you imagine : )

Don’t see Borchers being interested in this one. Alumni yes but this would be a step backwards probably with the pay, going from 6A to potentially 1A, and additionally he’s also the AD at Cooper. Finally, with the growth in Union booming Cooper will end up being one of the biggest schools in the state in the next 3 years which potentially means additional talent headed his way.

I also believe they need to clean house and start over. It needs to be done quickly but not making a rash choice.

On a side note to the "discipline" issue, it wasnt only the players, it also happened in the stands. Adults calling out players by name while also using curse words loud enough for the crowd to hear (we all know the games are far from sell outs) leading to people to take offense and start fisticuffs. Also leading to people writing letters to the administration about fan misconduct. Discipline starts at home and the behavior Ive personally witnessed in the few home games I could make the past few years, I can certainly see why it is an issue on the field as well.