Dan Wagner "FIRED" by Newport Central Catholic

theguru

With NCC on the verge of dropping to 1A (and with Beechwood moving up) this would appear to be a very appealing job. However it is also a private school with dwindling enrollment which is concerning. Big question: how good is this job?

Define good?

Money? Absolutely Not. Solid Returning Classes? Yes. Interest from Boosters/Fans/Parents? Yes. Top-Notch Practice Facilities and Field? No. Support from Administration/Assistant Coaches/Other Sport Coaches? Yes.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Define good?

Money? Absolutely Not. Solid Returning Classes? Yes. Interest from Boosters/Fans/Parents? Yes. Top-Notch Practice Facilities and Field? No. Support from Administration/Assistant Coaches/Other Sport Coaches? Yes.

Is Yes really the answer to these questions?

Job is appealing weather its 1A or 2A, the enrollment should go up in the coming years is what I have been told.

I wish Dan the best of luck in his endeavors, he is a good man and I appreciate the time he put into the program.

In four years 2 state runner up's a loss in the quarter finals and a second round exit in the playoff's... While the last two years haven't been ideal, the overall accomplisment in 4 years is pretty strong... I'm still not convinced there's not more to the story... this was Dan's dream job, and he still seemed to have the passion for coaching earlier this year when I talked to him.