Dan Wagner "FIRED" by Newport Central Catholic

theguru

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see a thread on that topic.

15 years from now tuition at the lowest cost NKY Private school might easily be over $15,000 a year and could be somewhere around $20,000 a year and a lot of private schools may not exist or have very small enrollments. Go back to 2002 and see the percentage increase in tuition since then at every school.

COACH DAN WAGNER STEPS DOWN AS COACH OF FOOTBALL PROGRAM — NCC

COACH DAN WAGNER STEPS DOWN AS COACH OF

NEWPORT CENTRAL CATHOLIC

FOOTBALL PROGRAM

NCC Coach Dan Wagner announced his decision to step down as head coach of the football program.

Wagner, a 1978 graduate of Newport Catholic began his coaching career at Newport Catholic in 1980 and was the Defensive Coordinator for the Thoroughbreds prior to becoming Head Coach in 2013.

NCC Principal Ron Dawn was quoted as saying, “Dan has been a long time coach for many years and we appreciate and thank him for his commitment to NCC and dedication to our student athletes. As he pursues other opportunities we know his love for and service to the NewCath community will continue.”

After meeting with his current players on Wednesday afternoon and announcing his resignation, Coach Wagner said, "I value my many years of coaching at NCC and having had the privilege to work with so many fine young men. My heart will always be here yet it is time to step aside and pursue other interests. I believe the great tradition that is Newport Central Catholic football will continue for years to come.”

He added, “There certainly is a lot of talent among the players, and I wish them all the best now and with their future.”

The process of hiring a new football coach is underway.

I guess NCC thinks we are all mushrooms.

I would think it would be difficult for a teacher/coach to leave any Public school system with the pension situation (even though that fund is another topic) to take less money and no pension at a private school.

Possible solution would be for any new Coach to remain teaching in the public school program (as Coach Wagner did) while coaching at NCC.

Other possibility would be someone not employed by any school system and is able to put the time in while still being employed.