WWE Clash Of Champions

A.J. Styles vs. Jinder Mahal is the only official match on the card so far.

I look for Baron Corbin to defend the U.S. Title against Bobby Roode.

The Usos will likely defend the tag titles, but I'm not sure who the challengers will be. Maybe Gable & Benjamin.

Charlotte Flair will put the Women's title on the line, maybe against Natalya or maybe one of the new girls.

They'll have to have something for Owens, Zayn, Orton, & Nakamura. Maybe a tag team match?

Mojo vs. Zack Ryder will probably be on too and maybe on the pre-show.

I rarely watch Smackdown and looking at this card, I see why. How are ratings for Tuesday’s? Can they keep up having two shows? Asking those who watch more than I.

Ratings from this week's Smackdown were almost as good as Raw. They hit a slump for a while, but have had 2.6 million viewers or more the last three weeks--ever since the title was taken off Jinder Mahal.

Having said all of that, I agree this doesn't appear to be shaping up as an interesting card.

That answers my question. Thanks. Surprised me that Tuesday is their #2 rated show

Those ratings are key for WWE, with their USA Network contract set to expire in 2019. Currently the company generates about $730 million in revenue & about $150 million of that is from the TV deal.

Assuming the rest is merchandise, ppv’s and house shows? Amongst other things

The WWE Network is a big revenue source. Live Events is next, followed by Licensing. But the TV deal is huge. Vince recently said he hoped to reach a new deal with USA by early summer.

Do you ever see a day where mon/tues go to wwe network or will they stay on a cable channel, etc. for “mainstream”

At some point, yes. TV is dying a really slow death, which has a lot to do with why they established the Network to start with. But for the immediate, they're going to stick with TV, I think, unless someone like Facebook or Netflix blows them out of the water with a contract offer. Even then, they would lose viewers.

WWE is already in talks with Facebook about a new Tuesday night show that would immediately follow Smackdown. Probably a one hour thing of some kind. They are doing that for two reasons: 1) To test the non-TV market and 2) To put pressure on USA.

The card so far:

A.J. Styles © vs. Jinder Mahal - WWE Championship

Baron Corbin © vs. Bobby Roode vs. Dolph Ziggler - WWE United States Championship (Triple-Threat Match)

The Usos © vs. The New Day vs. Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin vs. Rusev & Aiden English - WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship (Fatal 4-Way)

Charlotte Flair © vs. Natalya - WWE Smakdown Women's Championship (Lumberjack Match)

Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn vs. Randy Orton & Shinsuke Nakamura