#1 Covington Catholic at #4 South Oldham (5A Quarterfinal)

Pete W

Who wins?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

The way CCH is destroying everyone this year, it reminds me of some of the dominant HHS teams when we get to this point in the season wondering, "what will happen if the players actually play a close game. Will they be able to handle pressure in the 4th quarter when the game is not over?". That is really the only question left for this CCH team. They will win easily next week but what I am interested in is how they will play against BG, who is used to playing big games and will most likely not be intimidated. I still think CCH gets it done but that is what I am looking forward to seeing play out.

No worries for Cov Cath. AJ Mayer is in control.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CovCath finally plays a decent team.

Chatard and DeSales would have mopped the floor with any NKY team this year...including Ryle. SK has played one decent team...and oh yeah, got ran over by them. That reminds me-that decent team that ran over SK known as Ryle was mauled by CCH. Stop hijacking CCH threads with your insecurities and realization that CCH would running clock SK early in the 2nd quarter.

The way CCH is destroying everyone this year, it reminds me of some of the dominant HHS teams when we get to this point in the season wondering, "what will happen if the players actually play a close game. Will they be able to handle pressure in the 4th quarter when the game is not over?". That is really the only question left for this CCH team. They will win easily next week but what I am interested in is how they will play against BG, who is used to playing big games and will most likely not be intimidated. I still think CCH gets it done but that is what I am looking forward to seeing play out.

De Sales was 14-7 at half. Kings was two possession game late. But they have not faced great pressure.

Chatard and DeSales would have mopped the floor with any NKY team this year...including Ryle. SK has played one decent team...and oh yeah, got ran over by them. That reminds me-that decent team that ran over SK known as Ryle was mauled by CCH. Stop hijacking CCH threads with your insecurities and realization that CCH would running clock SK early in the 2nd quarter.

Well, there's hijacking. Then there's choosing to board the "Crazy Train," after it's been hijacked. He just punched your ticket.

:lol2: *Light Bulb Moment* - I'm the baggage in this scenario. :sneaky:

Edited by Runcible Owl

I'm looking forward to broadcasting this one. Haven't seen CovCath since around 2005-6 when the Oldham schools were in the same district as CovCath, so it's been a LONG time.

I have read so much about this CovCath team, I'm really looking forward to the game.

Since both teams have been remarkably successful, the practice of comparing scores vs. common opponents really doesn't tell much (not that it ever really does....there's a lot of reasons why)....

Looking forward to Friday night! (and hoping it's a little WARMER than last night's game! We had to pry our cameraman from the camera with a crowbar after the game....he should be mostly recovered from his frostbite by Friday, though! :lol2: )

Colonel Mike

I'm looking forward to broadcasting this one. Haven't seen CovCath since around 2005-6 when the Oldham schools were in the same district as CovCath, so it's been a LONG time.

I have read so much about this CovCath team, I'm really looking forward to the game.

Since both teams have been remarkably successful, the practice of comparing scores vs. common opponents really doesn't tell much (not that it ever really does....there's a lot of reasons why)....

Looking forward to Friday night! (and hoping it's a little WARMER than last night's game! We had to pry our cameraman from the camera with a crowbar after the game....he should be mostly recovered from his frostbite by Friday, though! :lol2: )

Colonel Mike

Completely agree that looking common opponents scores is a fools game...

But the Highlands scores are a sore thumb, to say the least.