WOW...IS FORDHAM THE GOP'S BLUE DRESS?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are all the republicans tonight?
Weary of chewing the same cud...

Foley is a weasel. He is gone. He alone is responsible for his actions. Unless Hastert is found to have set up Foley on dates with pages, how is he responsible for Foley's lack of character?

Why didn't Democrats boot Gerry Studds for actually getting it on with a 17 year old male page? Why didn't Democrats call for the resignation of Tip O'Neil the Speaker at that time? Why did Democrats reelect Studds to five additional terms after it was learned that he'd had a fling with a 17 year-old male page?

I'm 100% fine with moral outrage. Right is right, wrong is wrong. It has nothing to do with political party affiliation.

The fact that this entire episode reveals strongly selective moral outrage on the part of Democrats leads me to believe that this has much less to do with what is morally right or wrong than it does with trying to score political points in an election season.

A less polite way of stating this would be simply "hypocrisy."

It will be interesting to see how Democrats maintain their moral outrage when it becomes known that there were key Democrats who sat on this information until a politically advantageous time.

I have no facts to support this hunch, but it is a very strong gut feel.

This is going to come back and bite them big time.

I think so. That make's two opportunities you had to investigate Foley, Mr. Hastret

Where are all the republicans tonight?

Yeah, I hate that Hasert commuted the sentence of a sex offender. Oh wait, that was Clinton!

I'd still like to hear you explain how this isn't a case of Democratic hypocrisy based on the precident they set with Studds.

Heck, the Dems RE-ELECTED him after they found out he was "paging" a 17 year old.

Explain your way out of the blatent hypocrisy on display.

I won't hold my breath because you can't.

I'd still like to hear you explain how this isn't a case of Democratic hypocrisy based on the precident they set with Studds.

Heck, the Dems RE-ELECTED him after they found out he was "paging" a 17 year old.

Explain your way out of the blatent hypocrisy on display.

I won't hold my breath because you can't.

I believe this thread is about more current events and investigations.

Do you think this is the beginning of the end of absolute republican power.

No. In fact the hypocrisy that the Dems are displaying make me more convinced that the Dems need to remain in the minority.

Now answer my question if you can or are you as hypocritical as the Dems that completely excused the conduct of one of their own.

The Republican resigned the Democrat was re-elected, see the inconsistency? If the Republicans had followed the precident set by the Dems Foley would probably be up for a leadership position. I also doubt that you have the "fortitude" to answer the question.

Prove me wrong if you can or will you follow form now that you have been rebutted and just not answer?

I believe this thread is about more current events and investigations.

Do you think this is the beginning of the end of absolute republican power.

Wow....you definitely have a career in politics.....Someone asks you a direct question, and you just go right ahead and ignore the entire question. Everytime I read one of your posts I crack up at what little substance they contain.

No. In fact the hypocrisy that the Dems are displaying make me more convinced that the Dems need to remain in the minority.

Now answer my question if you can or are you as hypocritical as the Dems that completely excused the conduct of one of their own.

The Republican resigned the Democrat was re-elected, see the inconsistency? If the Republicans had followed the precident set by the Dems Foley would probably be up for a leadership position. I really doubt it. I also doubt that you have the "fortitude" to answer the question.

Prove me wrong if you can or will you follow form now that you have been rebutted and just not answer?

OK, so you predict no further fallout in the CURRENT investigation.

I think you are wrong.

According to Rush...Foley was fired...and mind you the republicans did know about this guy for at least 3 years and let him go about his business so,

explain to me again how the right has a corner values. You might want to look within to find the real hypocrisy

The Dems re-elected Studds.

That takes away any claim they have to moral high ground.

And if as you say Foley was fired (I don't listen to Limbaugh but I'm glad to hear that you do) doesn't that further nail the hypocrisy claim that has been made against Democrats? You're digging yourself in deeper here.