September 28, 20179 yr Also more food for thought, it’s less likely for UK and Duke to recruit players in this way because of the resources they have to offer. Being 2 of the most prominent, prestigious, and historic programs in college basketball helps, as well as having Coach K and Cal. They’re more exposed to NBA players, scouts, ect. than they are at UofL, Arizona, USC, Auburn, or any other school being investigated. I can see a lot more schools being involved but will be very shocked if a blue blood is included in it.
September 28, 20179 yr Also more food for thought, it’s less likely for UK and Duke to recruit players in this way because of the resources they have to offer. Being 2 of the most prominent, prestigious, and historic programs in college basketball helps, as well as having Coach K and Cal. They’re more exposed to NBA players, scouts, ect. than they are at UofL, Arizona, USC, Auburn, or any other school being investigated. I can see a lot more schools being involved but will be very shocked if a blue blood is included in it. Keep telling yourself that.
September 28, 20179 yr Keep telling yourself that. The only way that would be true would be if these recruits are smart enough to realize 50-100k is chump change compared to what top draft pics will be making on draft day and with shoe contracts, etc. and Cal can sell them on his system being the best to prepare them to be a top draft pick. I won't hold my breath on the kids being smart enough to realize 100k is peanuts in the big picture.
September 28, 20179 yr Also more food for thought, it’s less likely for UK and Duke to recruit players in this way because of the resources they have to offer. Being 2 of the most prominent, prestigious, and historic programs in college basketball helps, as well as having Coach K and Cal. They’re more exposed to NBA players, scouts, ect. than they are at UofL, Arizona, USC, Auburn, or any other school being investigated. I can see a lot more schools being involved but will be very shocked if a blue blood is included in it. You're completely delusional.
September 28, 20179 yr I think you're incredibly naive to not be a bit worried if you're a Kentucky fan. Shoot, a fan of any major program. They all cheat to some degree. Just a matter of which ones cheat to the degree that catches the FBI's eye.
September 28, 20179 yr I think you're incredibly naive to not be a bit worried if you're a Kentucky fan. Shoot, a fan of any major program. They all cheat to some degree. Just a matter of which ones cheat to the degree that catches the FBI's eye. I agree. Of course I'm sure UNC is ok. :lol2:
September 28, 20179 yr Anything is possible . One thing that gives me comfort is there are certain top players that Cal was never in on and a lot of those players are the ones with the most rumors around them. And he also has Sandy Bell microscoping everything that happens within their recruiting. I don't know how much control and respect she has but by just reading through various posts over the year it seems to be significant.
September 28, 20179 yr Lets see how far Cal has distanced himself and his players from Worldwide Wes in recent years or any at all! That dude makes me as nervous!
September 28, 20179 yr Also more food for thought, it’s less likely for UK and Duke to recruit players in this way because of the resources they have to offer. Being 2 of the most prominent, prestigious, and historic programs in college basketball helps, as well as having Coach K and Cal. They’re more exposed to NBA players, scouts, ect. than they are at UofL, Arizona, USC, Auburn, or any other school being investigated. I can see a lot more schools being involved but will be very shocked if a blue blood is included in it. I don't think 17 and 18 year old kids give a damn about prominent, prestigious, and historic programs. Kids choose Duke and Kentucky because they believe it's the best way for them to get paid at the next level (and hopefully only at that level). I do think you are spot on when it comes to exposure to NBA players and scouts though.
September 28, 20179 yr I don't think 17 and 18 year old kids give a damn about prominent, prestigious, and historic programs. Kids choose Duke and Kentucky because they believe it's the best way for them to get paid at the next level (and hopefully only at that level). I do think you are spot on when it comes to exposure to NBA players and scouts though. Nor do they care about a "good education." (i.e. the Tar Heel way. :puke:)
September 28, 20179 yr Nor do they care about a "good education." (i.e. the Tar Heel way. :puke:) Gotta be a lot of smiles in Chapel Hill on this (assuming they are not entangled). This will provide cover until Roy retires.
September 28, 20179 yr Take a poll. I wouldn't be the only one. You honestly think Calipari, Coach K, Bill Self, and Roy Williams are using shoe companies money to get players to come to their schools?? I’m not saying they’re clean, I just don’t think they are involved with this certain scheme.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.