Could Kentucky be next?

ACfan4

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also more food for thought, it’s less likely for UK and Duke to recruit players in this way because of the resources they have to offer. Being 2 of the most prominent, prestigious, and historic programs in college basketball helps, as well as having Coach K and Cal. They’re more exposed to NBA players, scouts, ect. than they are at UofL, Arizona, USC, Auburn, or any other school being investigated.

I can see a lot more schools being involved but will be very shocked if a blue blood is included in it.

Also more food for thought, it’s less likely for UK and Duke to recruit players in this way because of the resources they have to offer. Being 2 of the most prominent, prestigious, and historic programs in college basketball helps, as well as having Coach K and Cal. They’re more exposed to NBA players, scouts, ect. than they are at UofL, Arizona, USC, Auburn, or any other school being investigated.

I can see a lot more schools being involved but will be very shocked if a blue blood is included in it.

Keep telling yourself that.

Keep telling yourself that.

The only way that would be true would be if these recruits are smart enough to realize 50-100k is chump change compared to what top draft pics will be making on draft day and with shoe contracts, etc. and Cal can sell them on his system being the best to prepare them to be a top draft pick. I won't hold my breath on the kids being smart enough to realize 100k is peanuts in the big picture.

You're completely delusional.

I think you're incredibly naive to not be a bit worried if you're a Kentucky fan. Shoot, a fan of any major program. They all cheat to some degree. Just a matter of which ones cheat to the degree that catches the FBI's eye.

I agree. Of course I'm sure UNC is ok. :lol2:

Anything is possible . One thing that gives me comfort is there are certain top players that Cal was never in on and a lot of those players are the ones with the most rumors around them.

And he also has Sandy Bell microscoping everything that happens within their recruiting.

I don't know how much control and respect she has but by just reading through various posts over the year it seems to be significant.

I don't think 17 and 18 year old kids give a damn about prominent, prestigious, and historic programs. Kids choose Duke and Kentucky because they believe it's the best way for them to get paid at the next level (and hopefully only at that level).

I do think you are spot on when it comes to exposure to NBA players and scouts though.

I don't think 17 and 18 year old kids give a damn about prominent, prestigious, and historic programs. Kids choose Duke and Kentucky because they believe it's the best way for them to get paid at the next level (and hopefully only at that level).

I do think you are spot on when it comes to exposure to NBA players and scouts though.

Nor do they care about a "good education." (i.e. the Tar Heel way. :puke:)