Could Kentucky be next?

ACfan4

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope with the trouble Cal has been in previously it would mean he would be super cautious as well as who he surrounds himself with. Hopefully nothing comes of this for them.

Like WWW? You think he's not a big target for the feds? Everybody gets dirty in this one. Be ready for your turn, Wildcat fans.

I would hope with the trouble Cal has been in previously it would mean he would be super cautious as well as who he surrounds himself with. Hopefully nothing comes of this for them.

I would've hoped that Louisville wouldn't do something so ignorant while on probation. All bets are off.

All you can do is hope for the best.

Could? Yes. If Adidas in this in this deep and they had a "bidding war" for a recruit, then Nike has to be in (and others). As an addition question, does anyone think that this is happening in basketball and not football?

I am sure football has its share of issues... however football cleats aren't near the money makers as basketball shoes and for the most part football doesn't have AAU.

This is why high profile college coaches (Saban, Myer) ect and conferences have been fighting back the 7 on 7 circuits. They all know the "underbelly" of basketball is not a road they want to go down.

I am sure football has its share of issues... however football cleats aren't near the money makers as basketball shoes and for the most part football doesn't have AAU.

This is why high profile college coaches (Saban, Myer) ect and conferences have been fighting back the 7 on 7 circuits. They all know the "underbelly" of basketball is not a road they want to go down.

True. Different set up from football to basketball. Do you think shoe companies are not into football at the collegiate level (with respect to payments before they graduate)?

True. Different set up from football to basketball. Do you think shoe companies are not into football at the collegiate level (with respect to payments before they graduate)?

They are, and possibly even at the same dollar levels they are when it comes to hoops. But the thing is, there's only 12-15 guys on an NBA team, and you can easily see their faces and shoes on TV. Not so much in the NFL, where the rosters are bigger and camera angles are a lot wider and guys have to wear super-specialty shoes (think Antonio Brown) for them to even be noticed.

And nobody forms lines around the block at your local FootLocker for the latest special release of a set of cleats like they do for the latest Jordans, Kobes or LeBrons. You can't wear cleats on the block to show off. People just laugh at you.

My UC friends who are connected close to their program, have always said Marquise Teague's recruitment was on the take with AAU. I know Cal had confronted Mick in Vegas over the matter, I always wrote it off as sour grapes.

Teague's agent was raided by the FBI yesterday. I do not know if there is a connection.