Could Kentucky be next?

ACfan4

You honestly think Calipari, Coach K, Bill Self, and Roy Williams are using shoe companies money to get players to come to their schools??

I’m not saying they’re clean, I just don’t think they are involved with this certain scheme.

I'd bet my house on it! You can't possibly be that naive to think that every big time program isn't in on this somehow. You think these big time, millionaire coaches just HAPPEN to be great friends with all these shoe company executives b/c they just happen to like each other? Come on man....no one is that naive.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You honestly think Calipari, Coach K, Bill Self, and Roy Williams are using shoe companies money to get players to come to their schools??

I’m not saying they’re clean, I just don’t think they are involved with this certain scheme.

No doubt in my mind money is changing hands with every coach you mentioned.

I can’t see Cal doing anything that violates federal law or something that can be traceable. Giving cash to players parents so they can get to games or stuff like that I could see happening but not anything like this.

How about Cal's assistant coaches? Can you see that? :D

Honestly, I don't watch like I used to already. I catch 5-6 games a year when the Cats used to be must see TV for me. If they end up penalized, that's about the last straw for me to just tune out completely.

I hope it doesn't come to that.

Curious, anything specific that has led to your disinterest lately?

Curious, anything specific that has led to your disinterest lately?

It's been gradual since they won the championship. When they won, I didn't have the feeling of euphoria that I'd anticipated. It was just kind of like "Oh, cool. They won." And that was it. I suppose my priorities shifted at some point that I can't really pinpoint.

It's been gradual since they won the championship. When they won, I didn't have the feeling of euphoria that I'd anticipated. It was just kind of like "Oh, cool. They won." And that was it. I suppose my priorities shifted at some point that I can't really pinpoint.

I will be praying for your condition Hangman. :lol2:

Is this a rhetorical question?

Yes, I honestly think it. It happens. Yes, shoe companies have a TON of influence on these kids through their sponsored AAU programs, and yes, they funnel kids to the schools they invest the most money in. Yes. All of the time, yes. Again, most is done to serve themselves, they want UK to be high profile and win for themselves, not because of some altruistic joy in seeing BBN dance through the streets of Pikeville. They also want Johnny Jumphigh to sign with them after college, and he likely gets drafted higher going to UK, so, ergo, let's funnel him to Lexington. Or Durham. Or Lawrence. Again, this isn't about a LOT of kids, but it is about 100% of the best kids.