September 28, 20179 yr You honestly think Calipari, Coach K, Bill Self, and Roy Williams are using shoe companies money to get players to come to their schools?? I’m not saying they’re clean, I just don’t think they are involved with this certain scheme. I'd bet my house on it! You can't possibly be that naive to think that every big time program isn't in on this somehow. You think these big time, millionaire coaches just HAPPEN to be great friends with all these shoe company executives b/c they just happen to like each other? Come on man....no one is that naive.
September 28, 20179 yr You honestly think Calipari, Coach K, Bill Self, and Roy Williams are using shoe companies money to get players to come to their schools?? I’m not saying they’re clean, I just don’t think they are involved with this certain scheme. No doubt in my mind money is changing hands with every coach you mentioned.
September 28, 20179 yr You honestly think Calipari, Coach K, Bill Self, and Roy Williams are using shoe companies money to get players to come to their schools?? I'd say this is far more likely than pitching national titles and program tradition, unless of course the tradition is being drafted in the first round.
September 28, 20179 yr I can’t see Cal doing anything that violates federal law or something that can be traceable. Giving cash to players parents so they can get to games or stuff like that I could see happening but not anything like this. How about Cal's assistant coaches? Can you see that?
September 28, 20179 yr How about Cal's assistant coaches? Can you see that? Honestly? No, I can’t see Payne, Robic, or Barbee doing it. The only one I could possibly ever see doing it would be Orlando Antigua.
September 28, 20179 yr I think the best chance of UK getting brought down would be with the involvement of WWW.
September 28, 20179 yr So the coach that was overseeing programs where, in separate scandals, an agent paid a player money and another where it was arranged for someone to take the SAT for an elite recruit is above taking money from shoe companies? That's where we're at on this?
September 28, 20179 yr Honestly? No, I can’t see Payne, Robic, or Barbee doing it. The only one I could possibly ever see doing it would be Orlando Antigua. I hope you are right, but if I were a betting man there is no way I think that is true.
September 28, 20179 yr Honestly, I don't watch like I used to already. I catch 5-6 games a year when the Cats used to be must see TV for me. If they end up penalized, that's about the last straw for me to just tune out completely. I hope it doesn't come to that.
September 28, 20179 yr Honestly, I don't watch like I used to already. I catch 5-6 games a year when the Cats used to be must see TV for me. If they end up penalized, that's about the last straw for me to just tune out completely. I hope it doesn't come to that. Curious, anything specific that has led to your disinterest lately?
September 28, 20179 yr I think some people mistake can't see for don't want to see. And I guess some people mistake me saying that they don’t do it in this way for saying they don’t do it at all.
September 28, 20179 yr Curious, anything specific that has led to your disinterest lately? It's been gradual since they won the championship. When they won, I didn't have the feeling of euphoria that I'd anticipated. It was just kind of like "Oh, cool. They won." And that was it. I suppose my priorities shifted at some point that I can't really pinpoint.
September 28, 20179 yr It's been gradual since they won the championship. When they won, I didn't have the feeling of euphoria that I'd anticipated. It was just kind of like "Oh, cool. They won." And that was it. I suppose my priorities shifted at some point that I can't really pinpoint. I will be praying for your condition Hangman. :lol2:
September 28, 20179 yr You honestly think Calipari, Coach K, Bill Self, and Roy Williams are using shoe companies money to get players to come to their schools?? Is this a rhetorical question? Yes, I honestly think it. It happens. Yes, shoe companies have a TON of influence on these kids through their sponsored AAU programs, and yes, they funnel kids to the schools they invest the most money in. Yes. All of the time, yes. Again, most is done to serve themselves, they want UK to be high profile and win for themselves, not because of some altruistic joy in seeing BBN dance through the streets of Pikeville. They also want Johnny Jumphigh to sign with them after college, and he likely gets drafted higher going to UK, so, ergo, let's funnel him to Lexington. Or Durham. Or Lawrence. Again, this isn't about a LOT of kids, but it is about 100% of the best kids.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.