September 29, 20179 yr World Wide Wes would of been caught by now if he had any wrong doing, the NCAA has known about him for years and spoke with him numerous times. FBI is a whole different animal. The FBI questions you, you sing like a canary.
September 29, 20179 yr There is a less than zero chance that Cal will ever be caught cheating because he doesn't period! No one actually believes this, right?
September 29, 20179 yr No one actually believes this, right? Well he said it, so I guess he believes it. I believe it as well. That is two of us.
September 29, 20179 yr No one actually believes this, right? I believe it, UK doesn't need to offer money to get kids to come there. They know they will be millionaires in a few short months. If you read John Walls quote posted somewhere around here it further proves the point. I realize not all kids are that mature at that age to make decisions like that.
September 29, 20179 yr I believe it, UK doesn't need to offer money to get kids to come there. They know they will be millionaires in a few short months. If you read John Walls quote posted somewhere around here it further proves the point. I realize not all kids are that mature at that age to make decisions like that. So you don't think Coach Cal does ANYTHING at all that is even a minor violation or against NCAA rules?
September 29, 20179 yr We are all in high speculation mode at this time. It kind of cracks me up that everyone is trying to play "connect the dots" to something 0 people knew about until the story broke on Tuesday. The reality is nobody knows how small or far reaching this thing goes. Cal makes us all a bit uncomfortable with past situations. I am not going to fret about it though until another shoe drops. Would it shock me if UK's name (or any other school) came up within the probe? Of course not. Our worst fears lie in anticipation.
September 29, 20179 yr As my boss likes to say, "95% of college basketball programs are clean; the other 5% are ranked". :lol2:
September 29, 20179 yr So you don't think Coach Cal does ANYTHING at all that is even a minor violation or against NCAA rules? There is definitely a few floating around. My hope is that's all, which also won't come out with this FBI investigation, I wouldn't think at least.
September 29, 20179 yr A couple things. It's comical to believe the number 15 player in the country got $100K from Adidas but numbers 1-14 got $0. I am almost certain the FBI being involved in this is a bigger waste of time, money and resources than the DEA going after marijuana growers and sellers. It might be a tie though. Dan Wolken, Clay Travis and Matt Jones don't even think the crimes that have been presented so far are federal crimes. They haven't gone after tax evasion so I think they're right. There is a rumor that there are 10 more sealed indictments that might blow this up even more next week. Just rumors for now though.
September 29, 20179 yr There is a rumor that there are 10 more sealed indictments that might blow this up even more next week. Just rumors for now though.Correct on it being a rumor. The FBI sealed until Tuesday morning one of the biggest corruption scams in athletic history, now we suddenly have people in the know about what is coming next.
September 29, 20179 yr The whole everybody cheats narrative just isn't true. Some do cheat no doubt but do all programs need to cheat to be successful no.
September 29, 20179 yr There are so many nitpicky violations the NCAA has in place that you are delusional if you don't think your favorite team or the team across town or everyone at the major college level is committing a violation in some way.
September 29, 20179 yr So you don't think Coach Cal does ANYTHING at all that is even a minor violation or against NCAA rules? Never said that, I just don't think he is funneling 100's of thousands of dollars to kids families to get kids to commit.
September 29, 20179 yr Never said that, I just don't think he is funneling 100's of thousands of dollars to kids families to get kids to commit. If you see post #83, he doesn’t have too.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.