BGP QOTD: What's the least/most you've paid for a gallon of gas in your car?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

I started driving in 1997...I can still remember the first time I ever filled my tank, actually. It was at the Sunoco station on Dixie Highway in Ft. Mitchell right by the Beechwood Road intersection. Cost me $0.83 a gallon. That's the least I ever remember paying for a gallon.

The most I can remember paying was around Harrisburg, PA a handful of years back...probably around 2010. I paid around $4.50 a gallon.

Good Lord, I don't know what I paid for gas last week let alone the cheapest and most expensive! I need it; therefore, I buy it regardless of price.

Same, I'm horrible with that. I just go to the same gas station and get gas. I don't have a clue what I paid for it.

According to a quick search the average ppg was $1.22 in 1983 when I began driving, and 29 cents in 1964, the year I was born.

The most I recall ever seeing it was in May of 2014 when in Chicago it was over $4.00 a gallon, but I think locally it was probably around $3.75 at the time.

I can remember (was not driving yet) when a Sinclair station lowered the price to 19.9 because the Sunoco station was at 21.9. That was probably 1968 or 1969.

Then when I was driving I remember when it jumped from 39.9 to about 65 cents a gallon and people were outraged.

Then I do remember the gas price dip in 1997 because it went from 1.09 down to 85.9 in like a week.

Most I think I paid was $3.79.

I started driving in 1970 and paying $0.29 in my little blue Maverick. The most I can remember is $4.00+ a few years back. I was in a rental in California.

I remember those prices growing up. When I started driving, the lowest I paid personally was about 60 cents per gallon.