BGP QOTD: What's the least/most you've paid for a gallon of gas in your car?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

I've been driving since 1986. I remember when anything over a $1 was considered expensive. In somewhat recent times, the cheapest I remember paying was .68/gallon. in 1998 when I first moved out here and filled up after a meeting in Indianapolis. Don't know the exact amount for the most I've paid, but I think it was in the neighborhood of $4.25/gallon.

I go back to the gas wars of the late 60's where our local Payless and Kocolene would duel each other into 29 cents a gallon gas.

I remember pulling out of a Boron station charging 41 cents a gallon, feeling that it was outrageous to charge that much for gas.

I also have experienced near- $5 a gallon gas in Michigan at a station just off of the Mackinac Bridge (tourist area) within the past ten years.

0.16 cents a gallon in 1966 and they washed your windows, checked your oil, tire pressure, gave you green or yellow stamps and usually a gift of china or such. I can clearly remember when my Dad would tell the gas station attendant to fill up his Chevy Belair and hand the guy $3.00 and he would get change back!

0.16 cents a gallon in 1966 and they washed your windows, checked your oil, tire pressure, gave you green or yellow stamps and usually a gift of china or such. I can clearly remember when my Dad would tell the gas station attendant to fill up his Chevy Belair and hand the guy $3.00 and he would get change back!

I remember this well because my dad used to own a service station back then. Also remember people coming in and getting 50 cents worth of gas many times. Also used to give out free road maps.