UofL Foundation CFO Arrested For Shoplifting From UofL Golf Club

Wireman

They did an overhaul. It didn't take. New board appointed by the governor. New president appointed by the new board. New foundation CFO that was recommended by the new president.

Oh, maybe the new board forcibly appointed by the governor outside normal procedures is the problem. Start with a rotten root and you get rotten fruit.

At this point I don't know what else to do.

Was there anything being done to fix the issue before the governor stepped in?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable. Louisville needs an entire overhaul or something. I want to cheer for them but it's one major embarrassment after another. I've never seen anything like it.

Current U of L Foundation CFO Fired After Shoplifting Arrest at U of L Golf Club | Nation of Blue

Cut the man loose. The fact that this isn't the first time he exhibited this kind of behavior should have told the powers at UofL all they need to know.

Was there anything being done to fix the issue before the governor stepped in?

There was already a civil war on the board over President Ramsey and the foundation. The fight about whether to remove Ramsey -- and the perceived lack of quick, decisive action -- is why the governor appointed the new board in the first place.

Institutional change moves slowly.

PS - what in the heck was he stealing from a golf club that totaled more than $10,000?

That's what, about six boxes of Titleist Pro-V 1?

Truthfully, the C-J article made it sound like it was multiple thefts spread out over quite some time.

There was already a civil war on the board over President Ramsey and the foundation. The fight about whether to remove Ramsey -- and the perceived lack of quick, decisive action -- is why the governor appointed the new board in the first place.

Institutional change moves slowly.

Thanks for the info.

I guess my question is at what point, after continuous inaction, do you think it's appropriate for the Governor to step in and intervene?