UofL Foundation CFO Arrested For Shoplifting From UofL Golf Club

Wireman

Thanks for the info.

I guess my question is at what point, after continuous inaction, do you think it's appropriate for the Governor to step in and intervene?

The governor appoints people to fill roles and already had the power to remove trustees for cause. What he did -- and what suubsequent legislation has attempted to permanently enshrine -- is that the entire board can be replaced for cause all at once (and with no proper hearing before the Council for Postsecondary Education) and that "no longer functioning according to statutory mandates" is cause enough for that action.

On a fundamental level, I don't like the legislature ceding that type of authority to the executive on the state level any more than I do at the national level.

We're starting to get far afield here but I think that ultimately, there needed to be action taken, but the action was inappropriately extreme.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what the gentleman's connection to U of L is - other than his position in the foundation.

He has been with a Wetlands conservation group for a number of years out of Memphis.

Bob Mims | 217 AICPA NFP Conference

WETLANDS AMERICA TRUST INC - GuideStar Profile

He had none prior to this, which makes it look doubly bad on the interim president, who hand picked this dude for the task. He was on a six-month contract to temporarily act as CFO through the completion of the foondation's audit. The contract was going to expire before the year was out.

He had none prior to this, which makes it look doubly bad on the interim president, who hand picked this dude for the task. He was on a six-month contract to temporarily act as CFO through the completion of the foondation's audit. The contract was going to expire before the year was out.

As an odd coincidence the 'Ducks Unlimited' foundation he was part of seems to have just started running commercials on the Tennis Channel on cable. Wife and I saw these just the last few days.