Brent Spence Bridge Maintenance Project

Pura Vida

Glad I work from home. I've made that trip over the bridge off and for almost 20 years. Fortunately, most of the time I've been able to cross the bridge around 6-6:30am when things still are moving pretty well. It really sucks that this area has such a poor public transportation system.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank goodness for back roads! I go from southern Campbell Co. to northern Kenton Co. without touching an interstate except for jumping from one exit to the very next one on 275W!

I am guessing AA to 275 over to Taylor Mill? Or 536 to Taylor Mill then 275 to Independence exit?

I read yesterday that it could cause 20+ mile backups at times. I'm just glad I don't go that way to work daily. However, I'm not looking forward to the added traffic on 275. I can almost guarantee that there will be a couple accidents next week on 275 east prior to the 471 ramp. People not familiar with that route don't realize that the 471 ramp backs up onto 275. People fly up the hill, and they can't tell the lane is backed up until they hit the top of the hill. I've seen numerous accidents and luckily avoided one 2 years ago.

This backup is why I hate taking 471 as an alternate. I usually end up feeling if I had remained on 7175 I would’ve gotten there at the same time, anyway. I may try MTGL's alternate route - never tried that before.

I’m so jelly of those that can work from home ever day….

This thread just made me miss a lunch with an old buddy who was going to be coming through. Did the right thing and told him to avoid it. He is going thru Va. instead.

Good information. I sent him the link!