Brent Spence Bridge Maintenance Project

Pura Vida

Is there a traffic back up if your traveling #27 thru Cold Spring and heading to a Reds game or the Newport Aquarium?

The DD and i are going up Thursday night. usually we park just down from there stadium. Might park at hooters and ride the boat over.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took 471 this morning and it really wasn't any worse than a typical summer Monday morning. I suspect it will get worse throughout the week with people trying alternate routes but if the next 2 months on 471 were like today, you wouldn't hear a single complaint from me.

Didn't even bother to venture into the madness this morning.

Went down the hill through Latonia and Covington and across the Clay Wade Bailey. No traffic issues at all that way.

I did that myself...except I took the Suspension Bridge. No issues at all.

I did that myself...except I took the Suspension Bridge. No issues at all.

Traffic was very light. I'll definitely be doing it each morning until the maintenance is done. Only delay I had was that blasted train caused about a 5 minute stop. :irked: :lol2:

Traffic was very light. I'll definitely be doing it each morning until the maintenance is done. Only delay I had was that blasted train caused about a 5 minute stop. :irked: :lol2:

Got to know where the underpasses are! When I approach Ritte's Corner, for instance, I'm watching the cars in front of me. If they suddenly swerve toward the turn lane, I immediately turn early at the American Legion Post and beat them all to the underpass! I make it an early morning game to see how many cars I can legally get in front of before I hit the main drag.

No real issue for me this morning. I left 10 minutes earlier, 6:20, from Burlington. I jumped off at Commonwealth and headed south on Dixie Hwy, then the CWB bridge, 2nd St., then on to 7th St. until I reached Gilbert. The 4:30 rush is not something I'm looking forward to but I think it will still be lighter compared to the rest of the week.

Took 471 this morning and it really wasn't any worse than a typical summer Monday morning. I suspect it will get worse throughout the week with people trying alternate routes but if the next 2 months on 471 were like today, you wouldn't hear a single complaint from me.

What time do you leave for work?

No real issue for me this morning. I left 10 minutes earlier, 6:20, from Burlington. I jumped off at Commonwealth and headed south on Dixie Hwy, then the CWB bridge, 2nd St., then on to 7th St. until I reached Gilbert. The 4:30 rush is not something I'm looking forward to but I think it will still be lighter compared to the rest of the week.

That is what time I usually go to work. Off today. How did the Brent Spencer look?

What time do you leave for work?

Usually about 7:00am. Today, I left at 6:50am.

I live in Cold Spring, so I shoot up 27 and straight down 471. Really didn't have any traffic at all until between Memorial Parkway and Grand Ave, but that's pretty standard.

Well, just getting back from Florence Mall for a meeting and was in 2 different traffic problems that I didn't think had anything to do with the Brent Spence Project, but could have, am not from the area(thank God). First was a 15 minute backup on 275 heading to the Florence Mall, this was at 10am. Traffic backed all the way up to Turkeyfoot and was still backed up when I was heading home at 1, only looked worse from other side. Why are the Erlanger exits closed? Then head out of meeting to go to Culver's and #42 is backed up to the Mall Road and stopped. Took 20 minutes to get to Culver's from the Mall. What is the issue with #42, is that also a part of the Project?

Well, just getting back from Florence Mall for a meeting and was in 2 different traffic problems that I didn't think had anything to do with the Brent Spence Project, but could have, am not from the area(thank God). First was a 15 minute backup on 275 heading to the Florence Mall, this was at 10am. Traffic backed all the way up to Turkeyfoot and was still backed up when I was heading home at 1, only looked worse from other side. Why are the Erlanger exits closed? Then head out of meeting to go to Culver's and #42 is backed up to the Mall Road and stopped. Took 20 minutes to get to Culver's from the Mall. What is the issue with #42, is that also a part of the Project?

Erlanger exits are closed during the project to help with the flow of traffic. Due to the crappy design around those exits, there are daily backups during the afternoon rush hour.