Brent Spence Bridge Maintenance Project

Pura Vida

Monday thru Friday will not be good at 5:00.

It sucks from 4pm-6pm without this going on. I can't imagine how bad it's going to be. It's always amazed me how bad Cincinnati traffic is. And I've commuted in Philly and New York.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the alternative route to going to a Reds game or even to the Levee? I come from Mason County and always take #27 and then zip straight on down to the exit to the Levee/Aquarium. Is it just a matter of timing and that route is okay as long as you avoid the morning and afternoon rush hours?

Usually its fine. Not sure how it will be with this construction on 75, but I'd imagine you're going against traffic the time of day that you'd be going.

Alternate route would take the AA/Route 9 in through Wilder to Newport.

Usually its fine. Not sure how it will be with this construction on 75, but I'd imagine you're going against traffic the time of day that you'd be going.

Alternate route would take the AA/Route 9 in through Wilder to Newport.

Where does that AA/Route 9 through Wilder to Newport bring you out at in Newport? If you follow it straight thru, does it come out close to the Aquarium or Bellevue?

It sucks from 4pm-6pm without this going on. I can't imagine how bad it's going to be. It's always amazed me how bad Cincinnati traffic is. And I've commuted in Philly and New York.

Yes it does indeed, I head home around 4 and many is the day traffic is stopped or at a crawl.

I think their planning is poor. This kind of work should be done at night so they can keep thinks moving during the day. That's what they did in Tampa when we were down there in December.

Yes it does indeed, I head home around 4 and many is the day traffic is stopped or at a crawl.

I think their planning is poor. This kind of work should be done at night so they can keep thinks moving during the day. That's what they did in Tampa when we were down there in December.

I do not under stand what construction companies got against working at night on a major project like this one.

Would think a 9pm-5am shift would be more appealing to a traffic situation like this one for the majority of people, though you cant make everyone happy

What are the downsides for the construction crew?

I do not under stand what construction companies got against working at night on a major project like this one.

Would think a 9pm-5am shift would be more appealing to a traffic situation like this one for the majority of people, though you cant make everyone happy

Would they have to pay a 3rd shift rate to the workers? That might be a reason why they don't work at night

Safety. It's simply more dangerous to work at night. While there is less traffic, that usually means cars are traveling at a higher rate of speed, coupled with the uneven lighting caused by the work lights, makes workers harder to see. The uneven lighting also makes trips and falls more probable, because the workers don't see as well either. Also, impaired driving is more likely to happen at night than during the day. Productivity is also worse, since workers are used to working during the day. It's also more costly...generators, light rentals. shift differential.

Just got home coming from Lexington. It was backed up from the split 75/275 to Florence but once I got on 275, wasn't bad. The ARTIS sign said it was 43 minutes taking 75S from the split to downtown.

I think tomorrow will be a nightmare though with the beginning of the work week.

Safety. It's simply more dangerous to work at night. While there is less traffic, that usually means cars are traveling at a higher rate of speed, coupled with the uneven lighting caused by the work lights, makes workers harder to see. The uneven lighting also makes trips and falls more probable, because the workers don't see as well either. Also, impaired driving is more likely to happen at night than during the day. Productivity is also worse, since workers are used to working during the day. It's also more costly...generators, light rentals. shift differential.

Am sure all that is true and then some, but times I have driven by night work it is so bright you could see a dime on the pavement, so would think lighting, though costly, wouldn't be a concern for that part of safety. I think some states like Texas and Florida are just into it more that Ohio and Kentucky

Am sure all that is true and then some, but times I have driven by night work it is so bright you could see a dime on the pavement, so would think lighting, though costly, wouldn't be a concern for that part of safety. I think some states like Texas and Florida are just into it more that Ohio and Kentucky

I think those states perhaps do it more because of the heat. In hot climates like Texas and Florida, I'd imagine they'd have more than a few days where they couldn't do road work during the day because of the heat.

Where does that AA/Route 9 through Wilder to Newport bring you out at in Newport? If you follow it straight thru, does it come out close to the Aquarium or Bellevue?

I've only went they way once, but I believe 9th Street (and you have to turn right).....it's about 6-7 blocks to Monmouth St. then your home free, turn left and go 5 blocks and your at the Levee.

On a normal day it's about a 10-12 minute drive from the Wilder exit to the Levee.

I think those states perhaps do it more because of the heat. In hot climates like Texas and Florida, I'd imagine they'd have more than a few days where they couldn't do road work during the day because of the heat.

Disagree. December, January, February is on average cooler than summer here. I think it has a lot more to do with common sense and proper planning than heat.