BGP QOTD: Which is your favorite fast-food chicken restaurant?

Which is your favorite?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite?

• Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits
    • Boston Market
    • Chester Fried Chicken
    • Chick-fil-A
    • Kentucky Fried Chicken
    • Lee's Famous Recipe
    • Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
    • Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers
    • Zaxby's

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--Not a fan of KFC, haven't had their chicken in years. Plus it's expensive.

--Really like Boston market, but there aren't really many around, and they got rid of the tortellini salad.

--Used to love Popeye's, but got undercooked chicken on two seperate visits in two different Popeye's and haven't been back since (over 20 years)

--Raisin Canes is fine, but it's just chicken tenders...kudo's though for the bread

--Never had Zaxby's, Chester or Bojangles

--Love Chick Fil et, but again, like Raisin Canes, no fried chicken. Best Chicken Sandwhich though, and they have the good ice in their drinks.

Which make's it Lee's for me.

But, I'll still take any supermarket fried chicken over any chain. And I really like Charlie Biggs (the brand you get at the small IGA convenience stores).

Can I submit my choice, not listed above? Chicken King for me. Then Raising Cane, then Chick-Fil-a, Popeye and Zaxby. I haven't seen a Boston Market in the Louisville area in almost 15 years, I'd say. I don't remember their fried chicken, but I do remember their mashed potatoes. :D

I like most of them. If I want actual on the bone chicken than it's Popeyes spicy chicken. Also Popeyes has the best sides, red beans and rice, jambalaya, etc. Plus their biscuits are top notch, way better than KFC. Zaxby's is good for chicken tenders, I like to get mine coated in wing sauce. Raisin Canes is better than Zaxby's but you cannot get wing sauce there and more importantly there isn't one within a couple hours drive from where I am. Chick-Fil-A if I want a sandwich, plus their nuggets with Chick-Fil-A sauce are the best. Bojangles is good as well, but the chicken is not quite as good as Popeye's nor are the sides, but the biscuit is pretty close. A big thing that Bojangles has going for it is that while I like chicken, I like breakfast even more, and Bojangles serves it all day long. It's may favorite fast food breakfast, just slightly above Hardees.

Can I submit my choice, not listed above? Chicken King for me. Then Raising Cane, then Chick-Fil-a, Popeye and Zaxby. I haven't seen a Boston Market in the Louisville area in almost 15 years, I'd say. I don't remember their fried chicken, but I do remember their mashed potatoes. :D
I still haven't gone there. I gotta go.

No doubt they have an effective operation, but is it just me or do the employees of Chick-Fil-a appear to have sold their souls to some sort of cult to work there?

Sure no one wants the typical uncaring fast food attitude that we've sadly come to expect (which thankfully does appear to be changing), but I'm not too sure that their unrealistic approach isn't a bit overkill either. Aside from the glazed look in their eyes I'm expecting to one day walk in and find wires popping out of some of their necks.

The place weirds me out, and I promise that this has nothing to do with all the other crap that they've been in the news for.

I don't get the hate for Zaxby's. It's not quite as good as Canes, but nothing to complain about either in my opinion. Maybe it has something to do with who operates them, I guess I've only eaten at the ones, in Bowling Green, Owensboro, and Hoptown, but I've always been satisfied. Not a huge fan of their fries but I usually just sub them out for something else.