BGP QOTD: Which is your favorite fast-food chicken restaurant?

Which is your favorite?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite?

• Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits
    • Boston Market
    • Chester Fried Chicken
    • Chick-fil-A
    • Kentucky Fried Chicken
    • Lee's Famous Recipe
    • Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
    • Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers
    • Zaxby's

I'm all for being treated as an appreciated customer, which I alluded to in my initial post, so your response @Irish Cat insinuating that I was suggesting otherwise is misleading of what I was describing.

Not terribly unusual where posters reword others' posts to suggest that they had said something different, yet I'm not one to let it go uncontested.

If neither of you have ever felt the weirdness that I speak of, that's cool, but for me there's a difference between realness and being overly pretentious.

There's little doubt that their employees have been trained to approach customers as they do, which is completely understandable, and whereas my description of a glazed look, and expecting wires to pop out is an obvious over-exaggeration for comical sarcastic effect, I stand by what I was getting at where I feel their approach comes across as overly fake and unrealistic.

Certainly if I had a choice between uncaring employees versus Chick-fil-a's approach, I'm going for Chick-fil-a, but with that said it still weirds me out to feel as if I have walked into some fictitious Pleasantville that is obviously forced and fake.

For my money, Realville is all that is necessary.

I didn't insinuate anything on your behalf. I just didn't understand why you feel that way. However, I'm not you and and you're free to have your own opinion, but I will say I think you're in the minority on that one. This is not mean't to be argumentative.

Oh and the "fictitious Pleasantville that is obviously forced and fake", that happens EVERYWHERE, but I'd rather be served by someone making the effort than being served by obviously uncaring workers who could care less whether I received timely competent service and decent food. There are quite a few places I'm no longer a patron of because of that fact.

And I also apologize for taking up your time and other BGP members time with this post that really should go in another type of thread.

Edited by OlDog75

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't insinuate anything on your behalf. I just didn't understand why you feel that way. However, I'm not you and and you're free to have your own opinion, but I will say I think you're in the minority on that one. This is not mean't to be argumentative.

Oh and the "fictitious Pleasantville that is obviously forced and fake", that happens EVERYWHERE, but I'd rather be served by someone making the effort than being served by obviously uncaring workers who could care less whether I received timely competent service and decent food. There are quite a few places I'm no longer a patron of because of that fact.

And I also apologize for taking up your time and other BGP members time with this post that really should go in another type of thread.

1st bolded: I didn't say that you did...that was directed at someone else as was indicated with the @ symbol that bolded their name.

2nd bolded: I said the same thing in my post that you're saying here (In both of my posts in fact, but it appears that some want to overlook that for whatever reason).

Everyone is free to dramatically over blow what I had originally said, and/or insinuate that I was saying something else, and when I attempt to clear it up, they're also free to make it appear that they're responding to me "going overboard" and that they did nothing to facilitate that...sure that's cool... in a sometimes homogenized place such as this the mob tends to rule whether or not they actually really do.

I can't scientifically say what percentage of people are weirded out by their trained "my pleasure" way etc... and no doubt many others appreciate it too.

I certainly can see it being liked as apposed to being served by uncaring employees, as I do as well ***(3rd time now)***... and though I might be in minority with those who find it a bit creepy overkill weird, I can just bet that I'm not the first to ever feel this way.

In a 3 second search I just found this as an example...

The bottom line is: Chick-Fil-A is a CULT | Red Eye Chronicle

...But let me reiterate ***(4th time now)*** that I would certainly rather be treated by their niceness than an uncaring employee...

Overkill on my part?

Sure, you could say that...

...It's all in relationship to me being a weirdo who's not always lock, stock, and barrel with the homogenized mob...sure we could say that too.

Please do in fact.

1st bolded: I didn't say that you did...that was directed at someone else as was indicated with the @ symbol that bolded their name.

2nd bolded: I said the same thing in my post that you're saying here (In both of my posts in fact, but it appears that some want to overlook that for whatever reason).

Everyone is free to dramatically over blow what I had originally said, and/or insinuate that I was saying something else, and when I attempt to clear it up, they're also free to make it appear that they're responding to me "going overboard" and that they did nothing to facilitate that...sure that's cool... in a sometimes homogenized place such as this the mob tends to rule whether or not they actually really do.

I can't scientifically say what percentage of people are weirded out by their trained "my pleasure" way etc... and no doubt many others appreciate it too.

I certainly can see it being liked as apposed to being served by uncaring employees, as I do as well ***(3rd time now)***... and though I might be in minority with those who find it a bit creepy overkill weird, I can just bet that I'm not the first to ever feel this way.

In a 3 second search I just found this as an example...

The bottom line is: Chick-Fil-A is a CULT | Red Eye Chronicle

...But let me reiterate ***(4th time now)*** that I would certainly rather be treated by their niceness than an uncaring employee...

Overkill on my part?

Sure, you could say that...

...It's all in relationship to me being a weirdo who's not always lock, stock, and barrel with the homogenized mob...sure we could say that too.

Please do in fact.

You know B-Ball-fan, doesn't this show us that face to face communication is always better than reading it? Because written communication can be taken in so many different ways by different folks. I'm also sorry that you felt you had to decode it for me multiple times. What we should have done was discuss this at Chick-Fil-A over some chicken dish or some chicken soup, my treat. Of course my wife would want to tag along because she's hooked on their chicken soup. :lol2:

You know B-Ball-fan, doesn't this show us that face to face communication is always better than reading it? Because written communication can be taken in so many different ways by different folks. I'm also sorry that you felt you had to decode it for me multiple times. What we should have done was discuss this at Chick-Fil-A over some chicken dish or some chicken soup, my treat. Of course my wife would want to tag along because she's hooked on their chicken soup. :lol2:

That's cool. Please believe me that even I can recognize in myself that I've taken an over-the-top sarcastic tone that makes me look downright ridiculous within a discussion about "chicken" of all things.

In truth I'm probably having withdrawal from not letting go in the political forum that it's bizarrely oozing out of me illogically everywhere else.

Even here within your nice gesture of inviting me to join you and your wife at Chick-fil-a, I can't resist my uncontrollable knee-jerking urge to say that it would be "my pleasure"... (as a play on their signature tag line, of course).

You're always cool out here, and certainly not someone who deserves to be put at odds, so thanks for offering an olive branch to help put things into perspective.

I have to admit that you've got me curious about their chicken soup for I didn't even realize that they served soup, and it sounds pretty tempting.

I'm game if you are, and with you being the age of my older siblings. I've no doubt that we've got tons of "West Side" notes to compare. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we'd recognize each other as we were bound to have crossed paths somewhere along the way back in the day.

If you happen to know one of my sisters 3 years younger than you, then you'd certainly see from where I got my sarcasm. We practiced on each other every single day of our childhood. :lol2:

Bojangles. Their spicy chicken tenders are legit. They also have the best biscuits, and their seasoned fries aren't too shabby either.

Chick-Fil-A is my least favorite mentioned. We don't currently have one in Pikeville (under construction on campus), but I'll never eat there once it's done. It's my least favorite place to go when traveling.

Never had Zaxby's so can't say anything about it.

Lee's is definitely underrated.

I should hate Chik Fil A. But I love it. The service is second to none when it comes to fast food. Don't really care if they are brainwashed or not. The chicken is excellent. The waffle fries are fantastic -- I'm sure there are other sides. Sweet tea is great. Politics aside I can't understand why people hate on CFA. In fact, before this thread I didn't realize there were people who didn't like CFA for non-political reasons.

I should hate Chik Fil A. But I love it. The service is second to none when it comes to fast food. Don't really care if they are brainwashed or not. The chicken is excellent. The waffle fries are fantastic -- I'm sure there are other sides. Sweet tea is great. Politics aside I can't understand why people hate on CFA. In fact, before this thread I didn't realize there were people who didn't like CFA for non-political reasons.

I, for one, never said I hated it. I eat there occasionally, not often, but once in a great while. As I said, average at best and they're very limited on their sides. I just think they're extremely overrated.

I do agree with you about their service.