I've never voted and I never will....

It may not really matter much in national elections. However local elections often have very close races and an informed voter can impact local elections in a positive way.

We actually had an election in this county several years ago end in a tie during the primary...It was settled on a coin flip. In that case one vote would have mattered very much.

You vote every single day. When you got up this morning, you chose to drink something ... milk, coffee, juice, whatever. Whatever you chose was a vote. Let's say you chose orange juice. Since you voted for that brand of orange juice, it helped that company and that store you bought it from decide to keep selling it. Every time you buy something you are voting. So you are voting whether you like it or not. If you choose not to vote for the orange juice, will your one vote mean no more orange juice is sold? No. Most things we vote on, it doesn't seem like it really makes any difference, but obviously it does. Our votes decide what clothes people wear, what we eat every day, what cars we drive and yes, who our leaders are. Whether you choose to vote in an election or not matters just like all those other votes. And if you choose not to vote, well ... I guess all of us who do vote get to choose what kind of orange juice is on the shelf the next time you go to the store. I hope you like it.

You vote every single day. When you got up this morning, you chose to drink something ... milk, coffee, juice, whatever. Whatever you chose was a vote. Let's say you chose orange juice. Since you voted for that brand of orange juice, it helped that company and that store you bought it from decide to keep selling it. Every time you buy something you are voting. So you are voting whether you like it or not. If you choose not to vote for the orange juice, will your one vote mean no more orange juice is sold? No. Most things we vote on, it doesn't seem like it really makes any difference, but obviously it does. Our votes decide what clothes people wear, what we eat every day, what cars we drive and yes, who our leaders are. Whether you choose to vote in an election or not matters just like all those other votes. And if you choose not to vote, well ... I guess all of us who do vote get to choose what kind of orange juice is on the shelf the next time you go to the store. I hope you like it.

Voting and patronizing are two different things. Everything you are talking about is patronizing a business. Similar principles, I'll grant, but it's still different. Voting is a specific thing you do to choose who represents you. Your OJ seller can't decide if your street's potholes get fixed.

Voting and patronizing are two different things. Everything you are talking about is patronizing a business. Similar principles, I'll grant, but it's still different. Voting is a specific thing you do to choose who represents you. Your OJ seller can't decide if your street's potholes get fixed.

Agreed. The point I am making is people don't vote because they don't think it makes a difference. It does, whether it is patronizing a product or choosing an elected official. I was trying to show the personal impact of an individual's choices.

Agreed. The point I am making is people don't vote because they don't think it makes a difference. It does, whether it is patronizing a product or choosing an elected official. I was trying to show the personal impact of an individual's choices.

I can go along with that. :thumb:

Ask someone who has fought in a war to keep us a free nation. Maybe that will make things clearer for you.

I agree with your premise, but I think one could argue that they fought just as much to allow us the right to not vote, as to give us the right to vote.

I agree with your premise, but I think one could argue that they fought just as much to allow us the right to not vote, as to give us the right to vote.

I actually consider it my duty to vote.