Brewers @ Reds (4/13-4/16)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think you could give Cody Reed a go at it. Maybe he's not stretched out enough?

I think Stephenson gets the next shot in the rotation, and Cody Reed after him. I wish it were Reed then Stephenson, but feel like the Reds will push Stephenson into it first.

I'm with LRCW. I absolutely love Bronson. I have been amazed at his ability to get hitters out with nothing but a whiffle ball and some guile. The guy is very cerebral and a stand-up guy. I just don't know that he can pitch effectively anymore and I just don't like giving away a game every few days. I would like to see them keep Bronson in the organization. I think he would be a hellava pitching coach. The guys could learn a lot about how to get batters out from Arroyo. But it may be time for him to retire his whiffle ball. I hope I'm wrong and he throws a shutout the next time around. I'd say when he feels like he can't be effective anymore he won't hesitate to hang it up. He seems to be a team-first kinda guy. I've just never been a fan of conceding games. You play to win the game!

After another struggle, Bronson Arroyo impatient for results

But two starts into his comeback attempt – the last a six-inning, five-run outing in a 5-1 loss to the Milwaukee Brewers on Thursday – he doesn’t feel good enough to be a major-league pitcher.

He’s not willing to put up with it much longer.

“The next two times out, if I don’t see something a little bit crisper and able to keep us in the ballgame a little bit better, maybe you’re at a dead end street,” Arroyo said. “I’m not sure.”