Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marvin Lewis on Adam Jones: Other than his language, what did he do?

Featured Replies

Athleticism trumps morals every time in the NFL. Raiders and Steelers of 70's weren't choir boys, Giants 80's team, cowboys of 90's either. I'd take Pats coach any day of week but is there any doubt he'd do whatever it takes to win a game.

Not defending Jones but c'mon, teams aren't cutting anyone who can help them out unless they have depth that they can afford to do so. I'm a big believer in chemistry but most of his teammates seem to like this guy. He's an idiot but again, it's the NFL.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm officially done with the Bengals. Help pull me up on that Steelers bandwagon @TheDeuce and @spindoc. Where can I get me a Terrible Towel?

 

I simply can't do it. The more I thought about it the sicker it made me.

Athleticism trumps morals every time in the NFL. Raiders and Steelers of 70's weren't choir boys, Giants 80's team, cowboys of 90's either. I'd take Pats coach any day of week but is there any doubt he'd do whatever it takes to win a game.

Not defending Jones but c'mon, teams aren't cutting anyone who can help them out unless they have depth that they can afford to do so. I'm a big believer in chemistry but most of his teammates seem to like this guy. He's an idiot but again, it's the NFL.

 

I guarantee you Jones would not still be playing for New England, if the roles were reversed. He would have been sent packing along time ago.

I guarantee you Jones would not still be playing for New England, if the roles were reversed. He would have been sent packing along time ago.

 

Didn't they just sign a receiver in the middle of the year that was released by Arizona for getting arrested and it was all on videotape? Took them a day to sign him?

Didn't they just sign a receiver in the middle of the year that was released by Arizona for getting arrested and it was all on videotape? Took them a day to sign him?

 

Was that receiver playing for them when he got the DUI? No! Do the Patriots have a history of taking players with issues and bringing them in, with positive results, yes. IF this said player got in additional trouble, you think they wouldn't have immediately released him? This said player was average, as PacMan is, why put up with all his stupidity?

 

I get it if the guy was a superstar or something, they do whatever to win, but this guy is trouble on and off the field. He is not someone I want representing me on and off the field. However, I expect the Bengals to stand behind Pacman, they are who they are for a reason! It all starts at the top and then proceeds to their coach! They get what they want, 40,000 plus stooges filling up their stadium 10 days a year, lining their pocket.

Was that receiver playing for them when he got the DUI? No! Do the Patriots have a history of taking players with issues and bringing them in, with positive results, yes. IF this said player got in additional trouble, you think they wouldn't have immediately released him? This said player was average, as PacMan is, why put up with all his stupidity?

 

I get it if the guy was a superstar or something, they do whatever to win, but this guy is trouble on and off the field. He is not someone I want representing me on and off the field. However, I expect the Bengals to stand behind Pacman, they are who they are for a reason! It all starts at the top and then proceeds to their coach! They get what they want, 40,000 plus stooges filling up their stadium 10 days a year, lining their pocket.

 

So you have no issue if the Bengals cut Pacman and the Patriots pick him up? Since they can rehabilitate him.

Wow I'm confused. So if he's on their roster, the Pats would dump him but if he does it on someone else's roster who then drops him, they would sign him? Makes perfect sense.

Athleticism trumps morals every time in the NFL. Raiders and Steelers of 70's weren't choir boys, Giants 80's team, cowboys of 90's either. I'd take Pats coach any day of week but is there any doubt he'd do whatever it takes to win a game.

Not defending Jones but c'mon, teams aren't cutting anyone who can help them out unless they have depth that they can afford to do so. I'm a big believer in chemistry but most of his teammates seem to like this guy. He's an idiot but again, it's the NFL.

Which is exactly why Mixon will get a shot this year and if I'm a fan of a team I wouldn't mind seeing him on my team. If he steps out of line he will be crushed by the league etc. because of his past, but if he keeps his nose clean and the past was just a one time issue then he could make a team a lot better.
I guarantee you Jones would not still be playing for New England, if the roles were reversed. He would have been sent packing along time ago.
It depends when you say they would have let hiim go. Would they have let him go back in his prime when he got in trouble? I woulnd't bet on it. Belichick and Kraft do a lot of talking but still take players with legal issues, they only discard them when they don't need them on the field anymore, not because of legal issues. If they did what you say they would have done, then why did they take a WR last season who was just arrested the week before?
Was that receiver playing for them when he got the DUI? No! Do the Patriots have a history of taking players with issues and bringing them in, with positive results, yes. IF this said player got in additional trouble, you think they wouldn't have immediately released him? This said player was average, as PacMan is, why put up with all his stupidity?

 

I get it if the guy was a superstar or something, they do whatever to win, but this guy is trouble on and off the field. He is not someone I want representing me on and off the field. However, I expect the Bengals to stand behind Pacman, they are who they are for a reason! It all starts at the top and then proceeds to their coach! They get what they want, 40,000 plus stooges filling up their stadium 10 days a year, lining their pocket.

So what is the difference of when the player got in trouble? IF you are saying that once a player is in the organization then they straighten up and fly right because of the coaches influence, well there are 3 dead people who would like a 2nd chance because of one of the New England Patriots who was on the roster at the time of the murders he committed.
So you have no issue if the Bengals cut Pacman and the Patriots pick him up? Since they can rehabilitate him.

 

None whatsoever, the Patriots have a little bit better track record than the Bengals.

You give the guy a shot, realizing you can rehabilitate the guy. The Bengals situation is different, he does something stupid every year and the Bengals still keep him around. If you can justify what Jones said in that video and still want the bum on your team, more power to you. As I stated, I want no part of the guy on my team. The guy has been nothing but trouble, every year it is some kind of distraction with this guy. Move on, cut bait, dude is more trouble than his diminishing skills provide.

It depends when you say they would have let hiim go. Would they have let him go back in his prime when he got in trouble? I woulnd't bet on it. Belichick and Kraft do a lot of talking but still take players with legal issues, they only discard them when they don't need them on the field anymore, not because of legal issues. If they did what you say they would have done, then why did they take a WR last season who was just arrested the week before?

 

The guy just finds trouble, any good run organization would have cut bait with this guy. Just an example, Floyd was cut by the Cardinals after he got in trouble, even though he is super talented. Why don't the Bengals try that, instead of trying to make excuses for the guy.

Which is exactly why Mixon will get a shot this year and if I'm a fan of a team I wouldn't mind seeing him on my team. If he steps out of line he will be crushed by the league etc. because of his past, but if he keeps his nose clean and the past was just a one time issue then he could make a team a lot better.

 

Unless he is on the Bengals, then they would justify it in some way. Jones had more history than a lot of people and has added a lot more history to his resume, since he was with the Bengals. What have the Bengals done in each of these instances, other than reward him? What Marvin said in response to this latest episode sums up the Bengals in a nutshell. For him to say that, basically spat in face of all law enforcement. If you can justify what he said and want the guy to remain on the team, so be it, there is a reason I stopped rooting for the Bungles a long time ago and it has a lot to with the management of the team.

The guy just finds trouble, any good run organization would have cut bait with this guy. Just an example, Floyd was cut by the Cardinals after he got in trouble, even though he is super talented. Why don't the Bengals try that, instead of trying to make excuses for the guy.
I'm not saying he doesn't find trouble and I said years ago he should have been gone. With that said, I'm not talking about what he has done now, I'm talking about your belief that the PAtriots don't put up with troubled law breaking players, they do and have done so during Belichicks tenure. To say they don't is simply not true.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.