Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Fans Send Death Threats to Referee and Trash His Business on Facebook

Featured Replies

A quarter of 1% is more like it.

 

A lot less than that would actually do something. Let's say there were 3 million fans, 1/4 of a percent is 7500 people. Not that many would go to the extremism described in the article. Just an idiotic immature way to respond to a loss by even one person.

  • Replies 116
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A lot less than that would actually do something. Let's say there were 3 million fans, 1/4 of a percent is 7500 people. Not that many would go to the extremism described in the article. Just an idiotic immature way to respond to a loss by even one person.

 

:lol2: I've never seen anything like it.

At most, 2% (and that number is probably way too high) of the fan base is delusional and idiotic enough to call his home or business or threaten him.

 

Seth Greenberg talked to numerous officials today and they said this is par for the course stuff from ALL fanbases.

 

@SethOnHoops

"Talked with a number of high profile officals today who informed me this type of situation is not that uncommon. Fan is short for fanatic."

 

@SethOnHoops

Number of officals told me they have received everything from calls to picture of their homes after games. Society no respect 4 authority.

Oh okay. No big deal then. :lol2:

Kentucky fans once again prove why their lack of class has no bounds.

 

Who do you root for?

I can't imagine the reaction here if these were Duke or Louisville fans.

 

Oh okay. No big deal then. :lol2:

 

Getting back in shape for the politics forum?

Oh okay. No big deal then. :lol2:

 

Generally speaking, no it's no big deal. You know over the top people who are Louisville and Uk fans. I know over the top fans of both schools. Nobody really cares about this. We all got em! Like that cousin we all have, we can disown them, but they're still your cousin.

  • Author
SF, that's "some" overzealous idiots. Most UK fans I know are not classless and I'd say the majority of UK fans are not like your blanket post. But keep baiting it and reelin' it in.

 

 

I could have defiled the Holy Trinity and gotten less flack than I have garnered by criticizing BBN. One doesn't dare criticize UK basketball fans. I stand by my assertion that UK fans are more passionately awful than other fan base fanatics. Would Duke or Vandy or Stanford fans ever call in massive numbers to a referee's home or business with threats to his person or his business? I'm doubting it. I stand by my assertion that this fan base is more fanatical than any other. I read a report a couple of years ago about the rates of domestic abuse spike after a Kentucky loss. Let's face it, we live in a hick state.

  • Author
I can think of a few football fan bases that are this bad and worse.

 

I'd say Alabama football fans are on par with UK basketball fans.

  • Author
Who do you root for?

 

I root for Kentucky, but when the game is over I don't go psychotic. It's just a game. Whether they win or lose doesn't affect my bottom line. I must admit, though, I would have enjoyed seeing NKU pull off the upset in the first round. That would have sent the fanatical 20%( or as some like to think,

Kentucky fans once again prove why their lack of class has no bounds.

 

You ought to use a smaller brush, a small group is not a good sampling for such a broad generalization on your part.

I can't imagine the reaction here if these were Duke or Louisville fans.

 

The fact that these threads are still going blow me away

I could have defiled the Holy Trinity and gotten less flack than I have garnered by criticizing BBN. One doesn't dare criticize UK basketball fans. I stand by my assertion that UK fans are more passionately awful than other fan base fanatics. Would Duke or Vandy or Stanford fans ever call in massive numbers to a referee's home or business with threats to his person or his business? I'm doubting it. I stand by my assertion that this fan base is more fanatical than any other. I read a report a couple of years ago about the rates of domestic abuse spike after a Kentucky loss. Let's face it, we live in a hick state.

 

I think you're being a little dramatic but I understand what you are trying to do. I'm as passionate a UK fan as anyone but I didn't make a threat or call someone's home or "lay one upside the old lady's head" after the loss. Your paint brush is way too broad. And you have forgotten that the squeaky wheel will always get the grease. These goofs and goons make good fodder for social media because that's what sells.

 

I will, however, agree with you that the minority UK goofs and goons that do this stuff look for excuses why UK lost other than getting beat by a comparable team that day.

 

And, by the way, I'm rather proud of my Appalachian roots.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.