Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Fans Send Death Threats to Referee and Trash His Business on Facebook

Featured Replies

  • Author
You ought to use a smaller brush, a small group is not a good sampling for such a broad generalization on your part.

 

 

Apparently, I think its a bit broader than some do. I know someone who said he would like to see the referee in question "knocked off." He seemed very serious. This individual is a very mild-mannered, quiet fella from what I've always seen from him. I believe the number of crazies is higher than what most people want to admit.

  • Replies 116
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad this was not a big ten school fans that acted like this. SEC not a shock.

 

Big 10 fans were probably shocked those teams got as far as they did, just sayin'. :D

  • Author
I think you're being a little dramatic but I understand what you are trying to do. I'm as passionate a UK fan as anyone but I didn't make a threat or call someone's home or "lay one upside the old lady's head" after the loss. Your paint brush is way too broad. And you have forgotten that the squeaky wheel will always get the grease. These goofs and goons make good fodder for social media because that's what sells. And, I'm rather proud of my Appalachian roots.

 

I will, however, agree with you that the minority UK goofs and goons that do this stuff look for excuses why UK lost other than getting beat by a comparable team that day.

 

What percentage of UK fans do you think take their basketball too seriously?

Apparently, I think its a bit broader than some do. I know someone who said he would like to see the referee in question "knocked off." He seemed very serious. This individual is a very mild-mannered, quiet fella from what I've always seen from him. I believe the number of crazies is higher than what most people want to admit.

 

Your generalization is only based on numbers you are throwing out there, if you don't have any data to back it up, I give it no credibility.

 

Can't you see that you are lumping millions of fans with the actions of dozens, maybe even hundreds.... of idiotic fans.

  • Author
Your generalization is only based on numbers you are throwing out there, if you don't have any data to back it up, I give it no credibility.

 

Can't you see that you are lumping millions of fans with the actions of dozens, maybe even hundreds.... of idiotic fans.

 

What percentage of UK fans take their basketball too seriously?

What percentage of UK fans do you think take their basketball too seriously?

 

Don't know. I'd say the majority of UK fans take basketball serious but obviously there is that minority that is beyond serious. Every group has them and they always seem to get most of the press.

  • Author

Maybe it has happened, and if so I will gladly acknowledge it, but has Duke fans ever called a referee's home or business and shut down his website and inundated him with death threats to the extent that it has became a national story? Btw, I am in no way a Duke fan, just asking.

What percentage of UK fans take their basketball too seriously?

 

Taking basketball too serious, and what these people did, are completely different things in my book.

Maybe it has happened, and if so I will gladly acknowledge it, but has Duke fans ever called a referee's home or business and shut down his website and inundated him with death threats to the extent that it has became a national story? Btw, I am in no way a Duke fan, just asking.

 

Luke Kennard's 5th foul vs South Carolina was enough to make me unhappy for about 10 minutes after the game.

We UK fans are the worst when it comes to losing perspective.

We UK fans are the worst when it comes to losing perspective.

 

Agreed. Science Friction has lost it.?

SF, that's "some" overzealous idiots. Most UK fans I know are not classless and I'd say the majority of UK fans are not like your blanket post. But keep baiting it and reelin' it in.

 

It's that thing that some do on here and it's ok, but you can't talk about it. Kinda like Fight Club :lol2:

I can't imagine the reaction here if these were Duke or Louisville fans.

What reaction do you want? Some number of idiots made threats. Could be 2, 3, or 100. I can only control what I do. If someone wants to do something as stupid as make a death threat what exactly should me as a UK fan do about that? I mean, I didn't my even know they were going to. The FBI is investigating and I know I couldn't do a better job than them. So again, what reaction are you looking for? Not one single person on here has defended these nut jobs. So once more, what are you expecting?

Maybe it has happened, and if so I will gladly acknowledge it, but has Duke fans ever called a referee's home or business and shut down his website and inundated him with death threats to the extent that it has became a national story? Btw, I am in no way a Duke fan, just asking.

 

I don't think so.

 

However I did recall seeing Coach K chase the officials down after their 2002 upset loss to IU.

I could have defiled the Holy Trinity and gotten less flack than I have garnered by criticizing BBN. One doesn't dare criticize UK basketball fans. I stand by my assertion that UK fans are more passionately awful than other fan base fanatics. Would Duke or Vandy or Stanford fans ever call in massive numbers to a referee's home or business with threats to his person or his business? I'm doubting it. I stand by my assertion that this fan base is more fanatical than any other. I read a report a couple of years ago about the rates of domestic abuse spike after a Kentucky loss. Let's face it, we live in a hick state.

Which fan base are you comparing Kentucky fans to? What is your experimental group? What is your control group?

 

I lived in Wisconsin for several years. Badger fans do crazy very well. Shameless crazy. I lived in Indy for many years. Hoosier fans are crazy and then some. I went Marquette. We were crazy. I went to Butler, crazy but not so very crazy. Now I live in Kentucky and I have 2 kids that attend UK. Crazy, yes. But I don't think that UK fans win the crazy contest.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.