Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Fans Send Death Threats to Referee and Trash His Business on Facebook

Featured Replies

What percentage of UK fans take their basketball too seriously?

 

18 Percent

  • Replies 116
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bama fans are the worst. Gator fans are right up there.

Which fan base are you comparing Kentucky fans to? What is your experimental group? What is your control group?

 

I lived in Wisconsin for several years. Badger fans do crazy very well. Shameless crazy. I lived in Indy for many years. Hoosier fans are crazy and then some. I went Marquette. We were crazy. I went to Butler, crazy but not so very crazy. Now I live in Kentucky and I have 2 kids that attend UK. Crazy, yes. But I don't think that UK fans win the crazy contest.

 

Of all those others you mentioned, I would ask: Calling in death threats crazy?

Bama fans are the worst. Gator fans are right up there.

 

Calling in death threats > poisoning some trees

Calling in death threats > poisoning some trees

 

Depends on the tree. That was a heck of a tree. ;)

Of all those others you mentioned, I would ask: Calling in death threats crazy?

Let's ask Steve Bartman or the Michigan punter that lost them the game to Michigan St a couple of years ago.

Let's ask Steve Bartman or the Michigan punter that lost them the game to Michigan St a couple of years ago.

 

I see where you're going, but weirdly enough, both were cases of a fan base lashing out against one of its own. I do think that threatening with death an official or opposing player/coach for perceived wrongs in opposition to the home team crosses a whole different line of animosity.

 

In the Michigan and Cubs cases, not even the most crazed fan would say that punter/Bartman intentionally sought to sabotage their teams' hopes. Lots and lots of UK fans straight-up believe Higgins has it out for them (and they have a deep, deep knowledge of each and every other D-I ref, it seems, and their past sins against BBN, judging from threads I read). There's a difference here.

 

In all cases, all those engaging in such foolishness as death threats should pay steep prices behind bars.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 8

I forgot about this. What about UCF fans getting a hold of USF QB Matt Grothe's number in 2008 and calling him with death threats before the game in Orlando that year.

I forgot about this. What about UCF fans getting a hold of USF QB Matt Grothe's number in 2008 and calling him with death threats before the game in Orlando that year.

 

That's pretty deplorable.

Calling in death threats > poisoning some trees

 

No no no, they're equivalent

We get it. The non-UK fans hate UK and are gonna ride this into the ground. Obviously a few hundred nut jobs represent an entire fan base that's into the millions.

 

 

 

 

 

 

At least our players weren't sleeping with prostitutes in the dorm, or our coaches hooking up in an Olive Garden :D

I see where you're going, but weirdly enough, both were cases of a fan base lashing out against one of its own. I do think that threatening with death an official or opposing player/coach for perceived wrongs in opposition to the home team crosses a whole different line of animosity.

 

In the Michigan and Cubs cases, not even the most crazed fan would say that punter/Bartman intentionally sought to sabotage their teams' hopes. Lots and lots of UK fans straight-up believe Higgins has it out for them (and they have a deep, deep knowledge of each and every other D-I ref, it seems, and their past sins against BBN, judging from threads I read). There's a difference here.

 

In all cases, all those engaging in such foolishness as death threats should pay steep prices behind bars.

I really don't know how to respond to this nonsense.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 14

As a UK fan I denounce the behavior of these fans. Happy, is that what we are looking for here?

It doesn't matter if your a UK, Duke, IU, UL or any major college fan they all have their share of nut jobs and some more than others. I am a huge UK fan but would never think of calling a referee and threating him. Not one of us knows for sure if this have ever happened someone else but if I was to guess I am sure it has and maybe not going as far as a phone but by just running off the floor after a game and a fan yelling the same thing. What this fan/fans did was idiotic and they deserve to be punished to the full extent of the law.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.