Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Fans Send Death Threats to Referee and Trash His Business on Facebook

Featured Replies

Quit stealing my thunder. I took his cookies. He's overrated. End of story.

 

Maybe he was awesome and you were under-rated!

  • Replies 116
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe he was awesome and you were under-rated!

 

Nah. I was trash. :lol2: :lol2:

 

I was the glue guy. The Tony Allen. First Team All Defense!!!! :lol2:

:lol2: I mean, he was a Globetrotter so you got that going for you.

 

:lol2:

 

 

It was the highlight of my pick up basketball career. I should have retired then. Gone out on top like Elway did.

 

This basically makes you a Washington General IMO

I hated UK then. Hated UK since 1985. Now I don't hate UK as much. Just UK fans.

 

For the record, Wayne Turner is the most overrated player in UK history. Stole his rock in a pick up game. :no: All Time Winningest player at UK, right? :no:

 

But anyways, in 2002 that was when Duke was led by Jason Williams, Mike Dunleavy and Carlos Boozer. That team was supposed to repeat and they were crushing Indiana that game. The game was in Rupp too and I turned down free tickets to go. Wanted to stay home and drink and watch the game. Anyways, Duke was up by as much as 22 points that night. They were up so much that CBS switched games because that one was no longer competitive and back then they didn't broadcast every game on 8 different channels. As the game got closer they finally switched back and next thing you know Indiana was up 4 with under a minute to play. Jay Williams is fouled shooting a 3, makes the 3, misses the free throw. Ballgame. I'll never forget it. One of my favorite Duke teams ever with my All Time Favorite Dukie having a breakdown at the worst possible time. :no:

 

Never forget it. My most painful loss as a Dukie.

 

1998 is the second worst loss but no matter how hard UK fans try that game will still never be better than the 1992 game when Laettner hit that shot to send The Unforgettables home.

 

This. There's a thousand people I know that need to just

 

Let-it-Go_0.jpg

  • Author

Disclaimer: I didn't feel that the statement that I made about UK fans' lack of class showing no bounds needed a qualifier. Of course, I wasn't talking about every single fan. Everyone understands that broad generalizations that include the whole population of a certain group are, in fact, ridiculous. I was referring to the proportion of fans who take UK basketball WAY too far. In no way was I saying that 20 or 25% of UK fans had harassed Mr. Higgins . What I am saying is that there is significant proportion of UK fans that are CAPABLE of this kind of extreme behavior. That's right, while a much smaller percentage of the total population of UK fans made those calls and trashed the man's business, a significant proportion(I believe upwards of 20%) are more than capable of either pondering or carrying out these type of abhorrent acts. Just because 20% didn't phone his home, I believe 1 in 5 are more than capable , under extreme stress after a UK loss, to do these type of things. I would be willing to bet that there are a few here who wished some really bad karma upon Mr Higgins and may have even visited his business' website. Don't think for a minute that we don't have a few of that 20% on here.

Thinking some more about fandom today.

 

Maybe UNC fans are this kind of fanatical now. But don't forget that they hung an effigy of Dean Smith in the early 60's for when the team bus got back to Chapel Hill.

 

It only takes a small minority for any group of fans to make all of us look stupid and ugly. Unfortunately that small minority showed itself this week and like all UK fans, I am painted and tainted with the same brush. It's up to the majority like me call down the demented few whether that's on a board, or in a conversation.

Thinking some more about fandom today.

 

Maybe UNC fans are this kind of fanatical now. But don't forget that they hung an effigy of Dean Smith in the early 60's for when the team bus got back to Chapel Hill.

 

It only takes a small minority for any group of fans to make all of us look stupid and ugly. Unfortunately that small minority showed itself this week and like all UK fans, I am painted and tainted with the same brush. It's up to the majority like me call down the demented few whether that's on a board, or in a conversation.

 

Agreed. Can't stop the demented few of any fan base, but can denounce them when the opportunities present themselves.

Disclaimer: I didn't feel that the statement that I made about UK fans' lack of class showing no bounds needed a qualifier. Of course, I wasn't talking about every single fan. Everyone understands that broad generalizations that include the whole population of a certain group are, in fact, ridiculous. I was referring to the proportion of fans who take UK basketball WAY too far. In no way was I saying that 20 or 25% of UK fans had harassed Mr. Higgins . What I am saying is that there is significant proportion of UK fans that are CAPABLE of this kind of extreme behavior. That's right, while a much smaller percentage of the total population of UK fans made those calls and trashed the man's business, a significant proportion(I believe upwards of 20%) are more than capable of either pondering or carrying out these type of abhorrent acts. Just because 20% didn't phone his home, I believe 1 in 5 are more than capable , under extreme stress after a UK loss, to do these type of things. I would be willing to bet that there are a few here who wished some really bad karma upon Mr Higgins and may have even visited his business' website. Don't think for a minute that we don't have a few of that 20% on here.

 

100% are capable of doing it, but they aren't irrational fools, so they don't.

 

A fraction of a % did and it should just be left at that. No disclaimer needed.

This basically makes you a Washington General IMO

 

I'll take it. :lol2:

I work with a guy who called the roofing company. He said the FBI message was what he heard and then he hung up. The sophomoric jokes that I hit him with just kept coming and coming. The cleanest one I had was I told him I'd put some money on his books when the men in black showed up and he disappears. I had way too much fun with his revelation. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

  • Author
I work with a guy who called the roofing company. He said the FBI message was what he heard and then he hung up. The sophomoric jokes that I hit him with just kept coming and coming. The cleanest one I had was I told him I'd put some money on his books when the men in black showed up and he disappears. I had way too much fun with his revelation. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

 

You can bet your purple sneakers that no one on here will own up to calling his roofing company or posting garbage on his website but you can bet it happened(more than once).

Thinking some more about fandom today.

 

Maybe UNC fans are this kind of fanatical now. But don't forget that they hung an effigy of Dean Smith in the early 60's for when the team bus got back to Chapel Hill.

 

It only takes a small minority for any group of fans to make all of us look stupid and ugly. Unfortunately that small minority showed itself this week and like all UK fans, I am painted and tainted with the same brush. It's up to the majority like me call down the demented few whether that's on a board, or in a conversation.

It's not up to anyone to calm them down. Nothing I or you do is going make a dent in the ignorance that is someone who will make a death threat over a game. Should we all take to the street and protest these fans? No, I've got better things to do. I can call them idiots on a message board or on my facebook page but so what? The fact is sane UK fans have no responsibility to do anything for these idiots actions.
You can bet your purple sneakers that no one on here will own up to calling his roofing company or posting garbage on his website but you can bet it happened(more than once).

 

Give it a rest with your made up percentages . I think you're one of the ones who called and you just won't own up to it. See how easy that was?

Edited by mcpapa
Rule 2

Glad this was not a big ten school fans that acted like this. SEC not a shock.

 

The BiG 10 didn't have any schools make it past the sweet 16, so it's not a shock that their fans didn't care about an elite 8 game. :lol2:

It's not up to anyone to calm them down. Nothing I or you do is going make a dent in the ignorance that is someone who will make a death threat over a game. Should we all take to the street and protest these fans? No, I've got better things to do. I can call them idiots on a message board or on my facebook page but so what? The fact is sane UK fans have no responsibility to do anything for these idiots actions.

 

Disagree.

 

"Do not stand idly by if you witness injustice". - Elie Wiesel

 

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.